View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Quick math lesson: $36k/yrs = aprox. $1600/month take home. 1600 - $600 for daycare - $600 for small apt = $400 for utilities, gas, food, car insurance and all other fine things. You also get no help from the state vs the person at $34k. We setup fundraisers for families that are in that no man's land to help with daycare needs. We also have a non-profit daycare setup that also has reduced rates vs others. Also medium sized daycares that have 20 full-time kids at $600 a head(not counting part-time), not really in the $36k range. As for what's good for whom, I've seen an entire daycare of parents pull their kids and not pay due to poor customer service. Don't see that necessarily good for anyone, more so for the owner of course. I am thankful we have a great daycare that helps raise our children with proper attitudes in life, with everybody helping everybody rather that you do what's good for you and I'll do what's good for me. That would be worth pulling my kid out of a daycare for, not if they charge for holidays or not.
Your child doesn't fit into that category?

As a parent, I cut expenses where I needed to in order to provide the care for my child that was required.

I have NEVER had a parent complain about paying for my holidays or closed days as they see the VALUE in what I do and have no qualms about paying for my off time as an over worked, under paid provider usually means less than quality care.

I guess I am not understanding the point of your post? If you have a daycare that doesn't charge you for those things then what's the problem?

The providers that do charge for those things also seem to have no issues finding and keeping clients so there doesn't seem to be an issue there either.

There is a daycare out there that is the right fit for everyone. Parents need to do their work and find the care that best fits their needs and stop trying to dictate how others run their businesses.

Everyone does what is best for them.

Again, it really is that simple.