View Single Post
alley 07:27 AM 09-29-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Exactly my thoughts *Interested*
"Sometimes I think parents whine more than children. You are paying for the slot, not for the hour. If you want it spelled out.... you have a yearly flat rate. It is broken down for your convenience. Or would you rather pay by the year?? The only thing to change this is what the policy makes exceptions to. Have you ever heard of salary pay? No matter how many hours you work, it is a flat pay. It is the same principle. Got a problem? Start your own day care and see what we are talking about, then maybe you would understand better. If we catered to everyones whims, we would watch your precious for free 24/7. "

My, you sound like a provider who really doesn't like parents or children... Maybe time to find a new profession? I am a healthcare professional and think it is completely fair to provide my childcare provider for the same paid holidays that most other professionals receive.. These would be Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.. But, we had one who wanted paid time off for every school vacation day, including the 2 weeks off at Christmas paid! This is an extreme hardship on parents who must pay "double" and find someone else to cover those days. Many of these parents aren't lucky enough to be getting ANY paid holidays of their own... Of the ones who are, only parents who happen to be school teachers are getting as many paid holidays as this childcare provider. (We found someone new). If this woman wants so many paid holidays she should go back to college and get a teaching degree.

You are so right about the post above. sorry provider I mean no disrespect. For me, I don't mined my children being off without pay, matter of fact, I don't charge if you let me know at least 30 in advance. if your child show up on a holiday(certain ones) I may have a cut off line in which they must be picked up. Also, if you submit your school calendar in time, You may request off days your child is out, or ask to pick up a day, IN ADVANCE. HONESTLY FOR ME, I ENJOY THE TIME OFF TO BE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.