View Single Post
Leigh 10:17 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Not like Kmart closing. More like... when you go to a hotel and rent a room you don't complain to your landlord you had to pay for two places to live those days.

When you go to work during the day you don't complain to your cable and internet company that no ones home to use it so you don't want to pay for those hours.
That's exactly the best way to put it. I, along with many other providers, charge a yearly rate. Clients get the choice to pay it weekly, every 2 weeks, monthly, quarterly, or yearly. Most all of mine pay weekly or every other, one does pay quarterly (in advance). When I figure my rates, I figure what I have to have to stay in business per child, per year. That doesn't change because a client has a job where they have to work a holiday. It's on the client to either schedule their own vacation for my days off (which is what I did when I was a parent using daycare) or for the parent to find alternate care. It's absolutely no more unfair for my business to get my yearly rate than it is for a landlord or cable company to get their monthly rate. The only difference is that MY profit margins are MUCH MUCH smaller than Comcast's or your landlord's.