View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 10:14 AM 05-17-2010
I agree with the others...parents need someone they can count on to be reliable...when I was working I chose a center because I didn't want to worry about being stuck without a sitter for the day. When you're working your employer pays attention to attendance and if you're not there several times within a time span, you might not have a job.

I would just send the sick ones home and stay open for the rest of them. If you are sick with vomitting, I would close...or if one of your own are VERY sick and you feel running the daycare will be too much for you to care for your own child, or too much noise for your severely sick child, I would close.

I have not ever called off yet in the 2 years I have started daycare back up..however that is thanks to my wonderful mother that is my substitute and conveinently lives next door to me. If I didn't have her to rely on, I would have only closed once when I was so sick with the stomach bug I couldn't even move. I went back in my bedroom and my mother took care of the kids until pick up.

I can think of one time I should have closed..when my own young daughter (she was 3 at the time) had a very high fever of 103 and was so lifeless...she wanted to rest and the daycare school kids came home and were so loud despite me telling them to be quiet..back then I had a 12 year old BiPolar girl and she started fighting with her brother...I called mom and said her kids were at it again and my girl was sick and how much longer will she be?...she told me "it's daycare for ya and you can't expect them to be good all the time"....needless to say I no longer watch those kids..that was my LAST straw with them.