View Single Post
originalkat 07:00 AM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
I guess I was anticipating responses like, "that does seem like a lot, but when it comes to the flu, you do have an obligation to protect everyone from further exposure." Then I was hoping for advice on how to minimize a possible flu outbreak, especially during flu season. Instead, some people seemed to think I was closing for minor things and to "take care of my husband" and I never said anything about either of those.
Plus, this is not the norm for my daycare. We have just had a really horrible flu season this past winter, especially Jan - March.
Also, I never said that I "lost clients" due to closures.
If I got a little defensive, I am sorry. First, I am pregnant and may be a little more sensitive and I will admit it. Second, words were being put in my mouth that I never said, so it was a little annoying that some people made it sound like I was closing for any teeny, tiny reason, when I clearly stated FLU for most of it.
Don't Worry about it Professional Mom! You closed when you had to and now you can just move on from it and hopefully you are out of the woods with all that yucky sick stuff!