View Single Post
CityGarden 03:18 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
If my memory is correct, you are more of a preschool program rather than daycare? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

Most preschools in my area offer the (3) M/W/F or M/W (2) rotation. But there are many who will let you alter the schedule for an additional premium.

To me, part time will always have issues adjusting when they are only here a handful of days a week. So, in that regard, I don't think it matters if it's consecutive days or not. Whatever works best for YOUR schedule is best.

Filling unused days- always tough. That's why we charge more for part time!
Yes that's me! I have an in-home preschool for kids 2-5 years and I love PT families.

Right now I have a M/W/F group and a T/TH group (parents can enroll in both for a 5-day program but none have done that). They can come 1/2 day until after lunch or extended day until after nap time. This works for me in terms of maxing my income potential. Income wise I like that with 6 spots I have the potential to earn income from 12 families. (That said, I do notice my 2-day enrollments fill slower and the children have a tougher time adjusting.)

I'm in a happy place with my offerings right now but am working toward enrollment for Fall 2018 and so I am updating my contract / policies, creating marketing items, updating my site, etc. so naturally I am brainstorming areas that can be strengthened.

I recently stumbled upon two programs similar to my own but they are 4-days per week, no partial enrollments. One is M-TH 8:30 - 12:30 the other is Tu-F from 9-1. I think I would eventually want my program to grow into something like that but I need to established myself more first.