View Single Post
Kiki 01:43 PM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareProvider:
I'm going on vacation for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or help as to what to put on my door notice for all parents to see.

Since all the parents are on different payment schedules I wanted to make it clear that payments are still due as they normally would be that week before I go (my vacation starts on friday). And then when I get back, that payments are due on the friday I open back up (even if their child is only there for 1 day that week)

I don't want it to sound abrasive, but I do want to make sure it is clear as day and their will be no negotiating on this topic since we all know that daycare parents hardly ever understand or read the contracts.
I usually just write up a nice letter.
Dear Parents, Blah blah blah, niceness, I'm closed on ***X day, as a reminder, per your signed contract, payments are still due *** days out of the year regardless of my closures. (Haha, sorry it's not a great letter, but I'm sure you get the point.)
Not only do I hand them the letter, and say 'This is for my upcoming vacation for these dates.' I also pin one to our notice board, and send them out weekly with their invoices until I leave.
I had an issue last year with a family that freaked out a week before my Disney vacation saying they had no idea. Even though I had gave them verbal and written notice once a month since March. The vacation was in October.

As a note, apparently you can't do x's in a row on the forum without being blanked out, how naughty of me!