View Single Post
Unregistered 06:29 AM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by mac60:
Most self employed people make much more than a daycare provider. My plumber charges $75 per hour, my handyman over $35 per hour, me a dc provider.....I get less than $1.75 per hour to care for your child, and I supply care, love, food, activities, etc. If you have a good daycare provider, be thankful and treat her nice, we deserve it, just like you think you deserve paid vacations, paid sick days, paid time off for a family death, etc. The person you leave your child with should be very important to you.
Anology to your quote:

I am a clothing boutique owner. I will make $100.00 from selling those pants. Nevermind the other five sets of pants that I also make $100.00 from selling.

You keep six children (at least). That would total about $10.50 an hour. There are many people who make this kind of money and NEVER GET PAID VACATIONS. I agree with what someone said earlier.... If you want these extended paid vacations, sick time, or holidays you should go back to school. Pay for a few school loans. And, get a teaching degree. Problem solved. You're still around children...taking care of children...and you have all your paid vacations!!