Thread: Morning Nap
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 10-05-2018
I do away with 2 naps by age 1. If they don't adjust well I will put them down to a short nap IMMEDIATELY upon arrival verses letting them get grumpy between 9-10 because that never works out well.

I don't let them sleep long enough to impact afternoon/normal rest time but just enough to take the "walking dead" mentality away....

If parents allow their child to get up and play in the middle of the night, that's on them but I still follow the same routine day in and day out and while little adjustments do need to be made here and there for things beyond my control, I wouldn't go over board trying to fix something a parent allows. I would call for pick up if the child is simply so exhausted that they can't stay awake during certain times of the day. A new 1 yr old is ALOT different than a 17 month old.

My youngest in care is about 18 months. Still took 2 naps upon enrollment. I adjusted the nap/rest times beginning the first day and by the end of my two week trial period, she was napping at the same time as everyone else. Also went from crib to nap mat during the same process so while it was a bit chaotic, it was doable within the two week trial period.