View Single Post
DBug 11:58 AM 06-18-2012
I have a just-turned 3yo dcb who has not slept (except on very rare occasions) for quite some time now, probably over a year. He doesn't take naps at home either.

My deal has always been that they don't have to sleep but they do have to stay on their cot and be quiet. This kid is never quiet though and the noise can wake up the other kids. I've tried giving him books and small toys, and they end up getting torn up, thrown or bashed around. I've tried putting him in a high chair with small toys, but they also get thrown. I don't want him at the table colouring or anything like that because he prefers to colour ON my table instead. And, I need him to be somewhere safe (ie not in my kitchen with access to the cupboards, and not with the other nappers with access to them) so that I can get the cleaning done. I have tried him in a pnp in another room, and that worked for awhile, but he started climbing out and sneaking around the house.

I'm getting to the point where I just want to let him go, but he's been with me since he was a baby and he only has another year here (til he hits jr. kindergarten).

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there anything I can do or something else I can try?? Or should I just let him go ... ?