View Single Post
Thriftylady 05:11 AM 07-27-2016
Well I will start by saying that in group care, individual attention can be somewhat limited just due to the fact it is group care.

The crying toddlers could be several things. Perhaps they are not getting the attention they need, or there could be a couple that are going to cry no matter what, some kiddos are like that. Hard to say which.

There are also different types of providers. Some are very hands on with the kids, plan tons of activities, give tons of individual attention (as much as possible in group care). Other providers have more of a "go play toys" approach. And neither approach is wrong exactly, it is more about what you choose as a parent.

I would start by talking to my provider about my concerns first off, but don't be accusing, go in with an open mind. But while doing that I would keep in mind that if you want your child to have full undivided attention, you will need a nanny. If you and this provider are not a good fit, then it will be time to look for another provider. Not being a good fit happens, and sometimes you don't know until you start.