View Single Post
_Dana_ 12:39 PM 01-24-2014
Crazy8,

What are you currently posting on your FB page? My DKPs have signed photo waivers and beg me to post/tag pics on my FB page b/c they love seeing their LO's in action. Depending on their privacy preferences, the tagged pics of their kids are then added to all of their friends and family's timelines. I feel that it also builds trust in me and my business because parents are to see their children having fun on a regular basis.

Something else to think about. It isn't about your "fans." Your fans already know they like you and your business. Its about your fans' friends!! These are the people that you want to see the pics and posts. When you go to insights, you will see how many page clicks, likes, comments, and shares there were. This is where I find out how effective my posts really are.

For FB, I post most of my material on Tuesdays before noon b/c that is when most of my fans are online and most likely to be engaged with my page. A lot of local people don't know me personally because we just moved to town this summer. However, they are familiar with my page when the subject of local child care providers comes up. One of my DCM's often sends me screenprints of convos she has with her peditrician/family/friends and how much they love seeing all the fun things her children are doing at daycare. So, while they are not "fans" I know my page is being seen and discussed around my community. And it's free!

Personally, I think that as long as you can engage your fans through comments, likes and shares, there is no need to pay to promote your page.