Thread: Daycare Fire
View Single Post
melilley 12:28 PM 03-04-2014
How sad. I feel for the families and provider.

We had a house fire 2 years ago. I didn't have the dc at the time, but I had 3 kids here and it happened at night. Dh was sleeping and the kids and I were about to watch a movie when I saw flames outside (we had a shed attached to the house, it was an electrical fire from an outlet in the shed). I woke my dh up thankfully we all got outside. I have to say that embarrassingly, when the fire first started, the kids didn't realize what was going on and just sat on the couch and I didn't really think about yelling at them to get out-it was outside, but attached to the house and to this day I yell at myself about not yelling at them to get out. But the smoke detectors never went off either. The fire spread so fast.

As for people scrutinizing the dc provider, who knows what went on. When something like that happens, for some people, no matter how many times you practice, you're never fully prepared. And fires spread very fast. I can have 6 kids here and like you said, how do you know where or who to go to first, so many factors to consider.