View Single Post
Unregistered 07:12 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
If America only knew how sleep deprived they are all this argument wouldnt exist.

Sorry but your 4 year old who's brain, organs, immune system and the rest of his body is still growing at a rapid rate and the only things that will allow your child to do this in a healthy major is with sufficient sleep.

Perhaps you can familiarize yourself with Maslow's hierarchy of needs. The first thing on it is SLEEP, without it we would die. And without sufficient sleep we can not function with success
I'm not going to get into it and debate this. All children under 5 need naps. I'm 42 and I need naps when I miss sleep.
=================================================
Just as the cdc indicates preschoolers need "in general" 11-12 hours of sleep daily, the generality of the statement implies it likely covers a lot, but not all, kids. I have twin 3 yr olds. One needs about a 90 min. nap daily, the other 30 min. This ensures they go to sleep at night at a healthy time (asleep by around 8-8:30pm). Falling asleep at this time is healthier for them, as they get a longer chunk of total sleep at night (from 8pm to 6am). A daycare that forces my child to nap 120 min. "steals" her nighttime sleep away from her. Then, she only sleeps from 9:30pm to 6am, becomes super cranky and is tired all day. Then, the daycare will 'let her nap' for 2 hours because she is tired. The daycare needs to work with the parents to ensure the best health of each child.