View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
On Dec 4th I gave two weeks written notice that Dec 18th would be the last day I would be using the DCP. She told me today that I have to pay for not only the two weeks I gave notice, but also the following two weeks since she would have been closed anyways.

What am I missing? Why would I pay for services I'm not getting and I'm not requesting the spot be held? I've arranged for other day care.

The part that really has me irked is that I made a conscious decision to give notice four weeks later because I wanted her to have six more weeks of income rather than just two. She has open spots so I know I wasn't using a spot she needed for someone else.

It's too late now, but should I have given notice Nov 6th for a Nov 20th last date just to avoid this whole "You need to pay while I'm closed over Christmas" discussion?
I don't know..... it does seem weird

What specifically does your contract say about withdrawals and notices?

I know some providers don't just take specific days off and paid holidays but instead do accrued PTO time... perhaps that is what your provider is doing? But even so, it should explain that in your contract/handbook so I'd start there.

Unless there is something written that you agreed to and signed in regards to paying for specific holidays and/or vacations, I think you may be correct in thinking you only owe her the two weeks up until the 18th.