View Single Post
kimandkathess 12:45 PM 03-19-2011
Hello. New here as of today. I was doing some searching for an answer to a question but I am totally lost and am hoping someone here can help me.

I have been a registered family daycare provider in NY state since Aug 2007. I decided last year to become a registerd Group Family daycare provider. I received my license Sep. 2010 to do group.

I had my mom come in and help. I was told by a local office who specializes in daycare related matter (one lady was even a previous daycare provider) that I file a 1099 for her.

I have seen many conflicting conversations saying I can't or can do that.

Well after about 4 months (in december of 2010) things went downhill with the econonmy and my mom aka daycare assistant went back to another job.

Well right now I am paying twice as much in liability insurance because I can have more kids, but in reality I only have 6 daycare kids, not even max for Regular Family daycare.

Well i was thinking of hiring my husband but have yet again a few questions.

Can I accept his help (he would be certified w/ the proper training) but can I technically not give him a paycheck. I would then want to claim all the income as mine. Can I do this? Then I wouldnt have to do payroll, and whatever else I am supposed to do.

I am not trying to do anything illegal. It's just so hard in the economy these days and I want the best scenerio possible for my family. I don't want to have to pay all these extra things just to have my husband...whos in the same household....work with me as a family.

Gone are the good ol' days where a family could have a nice business and not have to treat them like a stranger ya know. Thanks for anyones help.

Katrina