View Single Post
Former Teacher 09:30 AM 09-16-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I am curious after reading alot of posts here. Why do people charge based on how much time the child is here. For instance, charge someone $25 if they're there until 3:00, $30 if they're there to 4:00, $35 if they're there until 5:00 etc. If you charge until 3:00, then you can't fill that spot from 3:00 until you close so you're losing money. I charge the same for the whole day no matter if they use 4 hours or 8 hours. They all pay $35.00. I was just curious because I thought maybe I'm missing something because I see alot of it. The thing is too I see that alot of times people get upset and don't know what to charge if they're over that designated time. My families know that at 5:30, I'm closed for the day and they better be here. Can someone give me some insight? Thanks everyone!
To answer your question: I think the reason why providers charge according to pick-up is so that the child isn't in care ALL day for parents to take advantage

Earlier pick-up times means cheaper rates for the parents. Earlier pick-up times means one less child at the end of the day for the provider