View Single Post
My3cents 10:13 AM 12-10-2013
Originally Posted by renodeb:
You are most certainly not alone. I think one reason providers get burned out is that they dont take enough time off. Either because there clients complain or they feel they dont need the time off. I feel that it is essential in this field to take atleast 2 weeks vacation off per year and some others days off through out the year. I take all the school holidays off and two weeks a year of vacation. I really look forward to my weekends to thats my recharge time!
I completely agree with this! Highly recommend. I also know it is hard for many of us to do this. We feel like we will loose clients for not being there. Wrong. Parents respect this even if it is an inconvenience to them. It makes us better providers~ Taking care of our own needs doesn't make us less valuable or less dependable. Key point is to give your parents plenty of time to plan ahead.

Having this forum to bounce off of is a big deal for me. This is something I do for myself to avoid that burn out feeling. I usually come on here after lunch clean up at quiet time. It gives me a sense of connect to others, and many that I consider friends even if I will never meet you face to face-

Best-