View Single Post
childcaremom 08:34 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
As a daycare provider, I am self-employed. If I am following my state's regulations, I can set my own policies. My daycare parents are not my employers.

My daycare families are my clients, not my employer. I am the boss. Can you imagine having multiple bosses, with different expectations, often conflicting, and each expecting you to follow their rules? I don't allow my parents to make the rules or set the policies. I can't. I have my policies in place because they work for me and my daycare. Not all parents agree with them. That's fine. They don't sign on because we aren't a good fit for each other. I am not unreasonable but if a parent request is in conflict with the good of the group it is not going to happen.

Why don't you discuss your issues with your daycare centre or provider? Sounds like your children's needs have changed and are no longer being met by that particular daycare. Therefore, the onus is on you to find something that does meet their needs.

I have similar rest policies. I can't force a child to sleep. I can't force a child to stay awake. I will not wake a child before rest is over. I have turned parents away who don't agree. Parents have not signed on with me who don't agree. We are not good fits for each other. That's fine. I'm ok with it.

If a parent doesn't want their child to participate in rest time, then they are no longer a good fit for my program. I would be replacing them pronto with someone who was.