View Single Post
Jupadia 02:10 PM 12-07-2020
Well I ended up shutting down from our spring break in March when the announced the intial beginning of lock down and closed schools here. I had just lost 2 kids the month before (parent job loss and other to subsidized care). I had multiple interviews set up to fill spots but parents chosse not to enter daycare at time. The two kids I had one family pulled and is still not back. Child has only interacted with brother since march now and I honestly dont think they will be back. The other let me know kid wont be comming for the first two weeks and then just completely ghosted me, leaving behind things like a snowsuit. I only have 5 spaces. My other space was vacate, it had just opened up December 30 when my own had stoped counting in my numbers on his birthday. It realy sucked I felt like I was losing my whole business and everything I had built with it for the last 8 years.
Not having daycare kids did make my life much easier with online school for my kids.

I reopened with one kid near the end of July. Got another kid PT in September. I dont usually take PT but mom Hope's to go full time once work gives more hours but due to covid cant get them yet. Now I had a 3rd kid start full time last week. Its finally feeling like I'm back in business.

It's been hard to find kids. I could have filled back up at the end of August but I chosse to have my own kids attend school on person vs virtual option , so some parents who where looking for care went else where.

So far I've not had to shut because anyone's be exposed or gotten covid. But it's a matter of time. My area went back into lockdown earlier this month. As of today any child experiencing any of the covid symptoms is sent home for 10 days to quartinte, along with any sibblings. So now for a headache that one of my kids get at school I could be looking at having to close. Right now I'm hopeing to make it to the 21 when I get a week off and can relax for a few days from worring about being shut down again.