View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:25 AM 12-09-2020
Coming back to the original question...I've been extremely worried the whole year through with ups and downs throughout. Our area was very low in cases until school and sports started back up again in Sept. Then the numbers increased quickly. DH and I ended up contracting Covid in November and both of us had a mild case which I counted our blessings for.
And now, I'm just as worried for others in our family than I am for both of us. I still see deaths in the news, healthy people taken with no evidence of comorbidities. I have no idea what causes the differences in reaction, whether it's amount of exposure or what. DH scared me when he first came down with it because he's definitely in a higher risk group and you simply don't know how it could affect someone. And I could tell from his tone, that he was also frightened.
In some ways I'm less afraid of it than I was before, due to the fact it's very possible to come out on the other end just fine. But still scared for my kids who live in cities with much greater numbers than here.

All of you who are handling caring for children through all of this, deserve more respect, much higher pay and a good long vacation. Personally I probably wouldn't have made it much past March/April if I'd still been working. All the BS dcps put you through, all the questions and grey areas that are out there due to lack of knowledge and consistency, would've made me crazy by now.