Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Google Voice Question

I looked up Google Voice and was confused by their video about number porting. If you have an existing cell phone number, can you just get a Google Voice number to ring to your phone? Or does your Google number become your new cell phone number?
Old 06-10-2016, 06:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaleTrekker View Post
I looked up Google Voice and was confused by their video about number porting. If you have an existing cell phone number, can you just get a Google Voice number to ring to your phone? Or does your Google number become your new cell phone number?
It rings to your cell or landline, depending on what you have your default setting as. It also does not show your actual number when using it to call out. I have one specifically for daycare use and call out on my cell from it but it only shows the Google voice number. I do have issues sometimes as when people call the Google voice number it sends them to voice mail instead of ringing through on my phone.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:05 PM
thrivingchildcare.com

You can definitely have a Google number that just rings to your regular cell number. That was the biggest attraction for me. I have a Google number that I use for the business solely. It has been super handy so I can tell business from personal phone calls. I say GO FOR IT! Hope that helps!
Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom View Post
You can definitely have a Google number that just rings to your regular cell number. That was the biggest attraction for me. I have a Google number that I use for the business solely. It has been super handy so I can tell business from personal phone calls. I say GO FOR IT! Hope that helps!
same here. I have been using Google voice for a few years for my daycare line and it works great. It rings to my cell and I downloaded the app to my phone so it is easy to text, make calls and check my voicemail.

Tags
google apps