Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Default Advertising On Halloween Night In Trick Or Treat Candy

Hi guys,
Several of you have suggest handing out my advertisement with trick or treat candy. I have a few ideas of how to add my little mini flier I made to the candy that will be handed out.

Can you share with me how you did it?
Thanks so much.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

I printed up labels and filled little zip lock baggies with a small chocolate and something healthy. Attached the label to the bag and done. I figured (A) moms would check the bags before kids ate it or (B) Moms would pick bag up off the floor after kids ate it.

If you want to do a mini flier what if you rolled it up like a little treasure map and tied it with black ribbon and put it in a little bag with gold coins?

Last edited by DaycareMama; 10-03-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: add something
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 PM

Oh that's a great idea. Did you print the labels yourself?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

I did. Very quick and easy. I did a small pumpkin, my daycare name, address, phone number and a little blurb like " from our family to yours Happy Halloween"

Got the white labels from walmart and the ink I kept minimal choosing a little graphic.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

My spots are filled, but this is such an awesome idea! I must remember this!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Child Care Provider

What is on your mini flyer? I'm just opening and I think come November I'll be available to quit my daycare job and do full time from home. I plan on making business cards on my own printer and handing them out in a bag with a piece of candy and either stickers or erasers or pencils, etc to avoid the high candy costs.

I was thinking of keeping it basic and having my daycare name on it with my daycare phone number and daycare email for contact. I don't want my address on it and when they call they can always ask for it. What else should I put on my business card?

I'll offer part time and full time for all ages opening early. I'm not sure how much I can place on a business card without it looking too small. Please share your ideas.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:10 PM

It's late here now. I'll send you the flier I created. Pm me your email address
You can tell me what's wrong with it... Lol
Old 10-04-2011, 01:17 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Smile

The small map included is a great idea for trick or treating. Pretty sure the parents will open it when they sort through their goodies.

You may also want to include a "discount" or a free day, when they present the map for registering their kids too...
Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

That's a WONDERFUL idea! Thank you!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Awesome idea!!
I am full- but it is still a great way to get your name out!!
You gals are just so clever
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

I did this last year. I punched a hole in my buisness card and tied it around a little baggie of candy. I think doing a sheet of paper advertisement with a coupon or discount is a great idea.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
What is on your mini flyer? I'm just opening and I think come November I'll be available to quit my daycare job and do full time from home. I plan on making business cards on my own printer and handing them out in a bag with a piece of candy and either stickers or erasers or pencils, etc to avoid the high candy costs.

I was thinking of keeping it basic and having my daycare name on it with my daycare phone number and daycare email for contact. I don't want my address on it and when they call they can always ask for it. What else should I put on my business card?

I'll offer part time and full time for all ages opening early. I'm not sure how much I can place on a business card without it looking too small. Please share your ideas.
If you're not putting your address, how about your major landmarks (nearest major intersection, etc). On my CL ads I always put "Zip code, off of [major road 1] between [major highway 2] and [major road 3]" GRANTED, some yahoos STILL can't figure out where I am ("Are your north or south of [highway]?" "I'm between [highway and road], so south of [hwy] and north of [road]." "Okay. But are you north or south of [hwy]? What about [road]?")

Also--why don't you order cards from vistaprint? They're really cheap.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

i would love to do that, but no one comes to our house! Maybe I could have a client or a friend put them in with their stuff if I buy the candy? HMMMMMMM>>>>>
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 AM

This is such a cool idea!! Does it actually work.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
This is such a cool idea!! Does it actually work.
I handed out 102 bags last year and enrolled 3 kids just from those
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycareMama View Post
I handed out 102 bags last year and enrolled 3 kids just from those
Love to hear this!! thats great...Ok so share how you prepared yours please!!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
Love to hear this!! thats great...Ok so share how you prepared yours please!!
Gladly

Other then what I posted on top of this thread (bag's with labels for mom to find) I also went to our local elementary school and handed out bags at their Trunk or Treat. Decorated my cars trunk very kid friendly, dressed my self up as a puppy (all I had). At the trunk or treat we handed out alot of bags. Some where around 300. BUT all enrolled came from the treats I handed out at the house oddly enough.

A good idea would be if your daycare has a seperate door use that door so families can see a little peak inside just your daycare. If that door is around back you can make a little path for the kids to follow leading up to you.

We kept the cost very low by ordering items from oriental trading company that came in huge bulk for minimal money. The trunk or treat items include mini coloring books, crayons and a pencil. Oriential Trading has Codes for discounts right now. We waited till the last minute to do the bags so that we saved more

Tags
advertising, advertising on halloween, halloween