Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default O.K. I Really Really Tried

I am looking for wall mural websites.
I want to get one like sunflowermama's tree with tire swing, I have searched for a long time and I can't find the link.
Help
Old 01-28-2012, 09:46 PM

I think that she had a friend paint that for her
Old 01-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I think you might need to check with local Artists. Or maybe check local Pediatric locations - Hospitals, Surgeons, Doctors Offices to see if they've had anyone do this.

I'm a big fan of posting requests like this on local town forums. You can get good recommendations for things.

I did a google image search for "southern california local artists children's wall murals" and found a link to this one: http://www.allmyheartonline.com/childrens-rooms.html

Keep searching! You might even check with the local High Schools Art Teachers to see if they recommend one of their Students. There's a lot of talent out there. Best wishes!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
I think you might need to check with local Artists. Or maybe check local Pediatric locations - Hospitals, Surgeons, Doctors Offices to see if they've had anyone do this.

I'm a big fan of posting requests like this on local town forums. You can get good recommendations for things.

I did a google image search for "southern california local artists children's wall murals" and found a link to this one: http://www.allmyheartonline.com/childrens-rooms.html

Keep searching! You might even check with the local High Schools Art Teachers to see if they recommend one of their Students. There's a lot of talent out there. Best wishes!
wow! thanks, but I can't afford a custom artist come here. We are redoing our playroom this weekend and we were looking for a big peel and stick picture for our reading corner. I have spent hours googling wall murals and can't find anything I like except that one picture Sunflower mama has in her playroom. I did pm her but it's the weekend and I understand.
I thought she said it was a peel and stick.
Maybe it was painted. It's o,k, I will keep looking.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Did you check Wallies? I don't know what sunflowermama had, but they have a cute one with swing and, well, some cute ones. Here's the link to the ones with trees.
http://www.wallies.com/search-pages-...=42&submit.y=8

I covet the wall race track.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
wow! thanks, but I can't afford a custom artist come here. We are redoing our playroom this weekend and we were looking for a big peel and stick picture for our reading corner. I have spent hours googling wall murals and can't find anything I like except that one picture Sunflower mama has in her playroom. I did pm her but it's the weekend and I understand.
Better yet - sketch it out and paint it yourself!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:36 AM

What about fathead? I don't know he website offhand though.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh, and try etsy-search for vinyl. I've found some great stuff there.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Michelle~ I have one room that is a giant Winnie-the-Pooh mural and I called our local high school and had a student come out to paint mine. His teacher gave him the option of being paid or doing the job for credit. He choose credit and I supplied the paint.

You could also try using one of those wall projectors and using that to place your design on the wall and paint it yourself.

I can't remember is Sunflowermama's mural is a decal or painted either but it sure is cute!

You could also ask Texasjeepgirl too as she has some adorable wall paintings that I LOVE!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Me, paint? I couldn't draw a straight line with the help of a ruler!

I will check into all those sites, thanks ladies!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Child Care Provider

I also contacted my high school last week via email and am waiting to hear back. If they don't have someone to paint one for me then I will place an ad on CL asking for local person to paint, but I do have a $$ limit I would put on it and would require some sort of a portfolio to look at prior to hire.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Don't know if this is any help, but....when I worked at CPS, we were redecorating the visitation rooms and the local Girl Scouts troop came in and did beautiful, fun murals. It counted towards community service for them.

Tags
theme, theme - construction, websites