Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Who Do You Use For Insurance?

My homeowners insurance is no longer going to be offering me the business liability insurance, so I have to find new insurance in 14 days or less, or I'm sure it will be super hard to find after I have been dropped.

Who do you use? (I am in NY, if it makes a difference)

Have you ever had to file a claim?

Would you recommend them?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:18 PM

I use West Bend. I've never filed a claim. I don't know whether I'd recommend them, my only contact is the check I write out to them every year, so hard to recommend a company based on that. They do accept payment nicely, so there's that .
Old 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Provider in Training

Here are some Tom Copeland listed on his site (they also have the states they are available in).

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/famil...directory.html
Old 06-16-2013, 03:16 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
I use West Bend. I've never filed a claim. I don't know whether I'd recommend them, my only contact is the check I write out to them every year, so hard to recommend a company based on that. They do accept payment nicely, so there's that .
I agree with everything said

dd12
ds 10
dd 8
Old 06-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have West Bend and I've filed a claim. I would recommend them..

BUT their claim process is horrible! We had a bad flood (we are not in a flood zone) and our homeowners is with Allstate. West bend kept telling us to go through our homeowners insurance since the flood occurred in our home. Allstate wouldn't cover it because it's my business. It took almost 3 weeks to get everything straightened out. It was just a mess, we were not allowed to throw anything out so our garage was full of wet stinky stuff! The representatives were very pleasant, but I would prefer to never have a claim again!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 PM
mommyof5-and going crazy

DCI insurance!!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:33 PM
mommyof5-and going crazy

I also do not think most insurance companies cover trampolines and bounce houses.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
My homeowners insurance is no longer going to be offering me the business liability insurance, so I have to find new insurance in 14 days or less, or I'm sure it will be super hard to find after I have been dropped.

Who do you use? (I am in NY, if it makes a difference)

Have you ever had to file a claim?

Would you recommend them?
I use DCI. It is listed in Tom Copeland's list as DC Insurance Services. Farther down it says DCI.

I have filed a claim almost....and they were wonderful. A little girl fell off a swing set I used to have. We thought she may have broken her arm. The parents said don't file because my insurance would go up. DCI assured me it wouldn't, sent me the claim forms, were very nice and said don't ever feel you can't claim something. She said "That's why you buy insurance."

Turns out the parent's medical insurance took care of it so I didn't after all but I was very pleased with their response.

I have been very happy using them.

Laurel

P.S. DCI says that is the only kind of insurance they sell so I guess you could say they specialize in our business.

Tags
business insurance, insurance, tom copeland