Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Curriculum

Curriculum Post any curriculum ideas, activites or projects that wouldbe helpful to our Daycare community. What is your teaching philosophy?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:00 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Football Theme: Need Ideas Dramatic Play Center

Hello all. We're doing football for our theme next week and I can't come up with an idea for our dramatic play area. This is where we usually have the dress up, doctor stuff, tools, housekeeping, babies etc but I would like it to follow along with the football theme. The only thing I've come up with so far is to maybe create a "locker room" in the space. Any ingenious ideas?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Football helmets and jerseys would be fun! Cheerleader skirts and Pom poms. Also instead of dr you could do medic or sports dr - ace bandages would be fun and re-usable. Also ref shirts and yellow flags for penalties. Whistles if you want to be brave another "brave" idea is cow bells or milk jugs with coins in it to cheer with . If you have food toys you could set up "concessions"
What about tickets? Maybe make "foam" number one fingers out of two large pieces of paper stapled together... Also pinnies.

Can you tell I am neck deep in football and cheer right now!?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

More threads: http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?ta...ic+play+center
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familycare71 View Post
Football helmets and jerseys would be fun! Cheerleader skirts and Pom poms. Also instead of dr you could do medic or sports dr - ace bandages would be fun and re-usable. Also ref shirts and yellow flags for penalties. Whistles if you want to be brave another "brave" idea is cow bells or milk jugs with coins in it to cheer with . If you have food toys you could set up "concessions"
What about tickets? Maybe make "foam" number one fingers out of two large pieces of paper stapled together... Also pinnies.

Can you tell I am neck deep in football and cheer right now!?
Those r awesome ideas. I may have to do a football theme too...

Tags
dramatic play center, theme, theme - football