Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Child Care Provider

Default Nap Time Music

What CDs do you play during naptime? Do you play the entire two hours or shut it off after awhile?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
What CDs do you play during naptime? Do you play the entire two hours or shut it off after awhile?
i used to play music the entire nap time - and i'd play music i liked as opposed to "baby music."

jack johnson has a few songs i'd play:

better together
breakdown

marc broussard - gavin's song

jonny lang has a lot of mellow songs...

they slept great.....and i got to listen to music i enjoyed.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:57 AM

I play mine the whole time (just have the CD on repeat). This is the one I have. No words...just music.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Those rest and relaxation CDs are great.
I have one called "Garden Rain" that makes it rough on me to stay awake. The rain sound behind the music is kind of like a blanket of white noise.
Target sold one called "Sleep" that was wonderful. They had it at one of the stands that you can hear samples.
I don't like using music with words because I always seemed to have at least one child that would be kept awake singing along with the music.
Cute, but not the goal I was aiming for. But the kids do have their preferences and will ask for the rain, ocean, storm, bird, etc Cd.
I also turn the hood fan in my kitchen on high as well as a fan to muffle the traffic noise (I live on a busy street).
I keep the music low and I leave the CD on repeat.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Former Member

I use "The Timeless Sea" by John St. John

It has ocean sounds, flute and violin music, and the occassional sea gull in the background. I have been using it for years set on "repeat"... Love it!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

I keep this one on repeat the whole time. I have also used the Kenny Loggin's Return to Pooh corner cd in the past. The do well with the same music on repeat the whole time. Part of the routine.

http://www.amazon.com/Can-Only-Imagi.../dp/B0000TWMY8
Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 AM

I also use the relaxation CDs/ The one they are loving right now is called Summer Rainstorm. Very peaceful. Just quiet music and rain. I put it on repeat. Once I shut it off, they wake up naturally within a few minutes.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 AM

I have a sound machine that goes constantly during nap/bedtime time. It plays 'summer night' cause if I play a water(ocean or rain or waterfall)I think the kids have to pee more. I started using it to drown out other noise and it works so well that parents have gone out and bought it so that the kids sleep this well at home. Paid $14 for it online, it's a Conair.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childminder View Post
I have a sound machine that goes constantly during nap/bedtime time. It plays 'summer night' cause if I play a water(ocean or rain or waterfall)I think the kids have to pee more. I started using it to drown out other noise and it works so well that parents have gone out and bought it so that the kids sleep this well at home. Paid $14 for it online, it's a Conair.
I got completely hooked on white noise when I was in the Army and they used those giant fans in the bays during basic training.
I have a white noise machine (waterfall works best for me) by my bed and I have a back up with batteries that I take with me if we go on a trip or incase we lose electricity.
It's a horrible crutch, but I can't sleep in silence, plus I'm a very light sleeper and am woken up by what seems like any small noise.
Ahhh, I love white noise.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Janet

Default XM radio is awesome!

I keep my XM radio playing all day long and for the duration of nap time I put the station on one called "Spa". My kids fall asleep within 5 minutes every time! I'm not even exaggerating! I'm pretty sure that I've conditioned them with the music unintentionally...but I'm OK with that!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default I keep mine on repeat for all of naptime...

I use Hap Palmer's Seagulls Music for Rest and Relaxation.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 PM

I have a lullaby CD with instrumental versions of well known lullabies that I just set on repeat.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysofelijah View Post
I keep this one on repeat the whole time. I have also used the Kenny Loggin's Return to Pooh corner cd in the past. The do well with the same music on repeat the whole time. Part of the routine.

http://www.amazon.com/Can-Only-Imagi.../dp/B0000TWMY8
I listened to the samples on the link, does your have the words? I would probably sing along to some of the songs I know! LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNJ View Post
I also use the relaxation CDs/ The one they are loving right now is called Summer Rainstorm. Very peaceful. Just quiet music and rain. I put it on repeat. Once I shut it off, they wake up naturally within a few minutes.
If you ever had bad afternoons then do you ever ask yourself, "Why did I turn off the music"? LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmama View Post
I play mine the whole time (just have the CD on repeat). This is the one I have. No words...just music.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
I just ordered this on Amazon for under $5 shipped to my door! Love it, ebay was higher priced. I LOVE options. Thank you so much for the link! Maybe I should play this and see if I fall asleep to it. I purchased about a dozen children's books last night, yet I was tired and couldn't sleep. So, I found myself reading to my kitten (he's a big boy now, 1 years old) and he just layed and purred and looked at the pictures as I sat in bed reading to him. Never read a dozen children's books to your cat before bed, all the cat-related story books I found were actually sad! LOL, I need to get out more, I know.

Tags
music, nap, play, sleep