Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile 0 to 7 in 3 Days

Thanks to marinavanessa, she sent me a copy of her flyer, it gave me some great ideas, posted it last week around town and now I have 7 kids. They are all part time which I don't mind because I have Wednesday & Fridays off. I would like to get a couple full time to round out the group. It had been over a year since I had any calls, hopefully they will keep coming.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan24 View Post
Thanks to marinavanessa, she sent me a copy of her flyer, it gave me some great ideas, posted it last week around town and now I have 7 kids. They are all part time which I don't mind because I have Wednesday & Fridays off. I would like to get a couple full time to round out the group. It had been over a year since I had any calls, hopefully they will keep coming.
WOW congrats to u! Hope they all work out well!

That must be a magical flyer, tell me the secret so I can make one please?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM

Nice!! Good for you!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM

That's great!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Congrats, and thank goodness for this board
I would love to see this 'magical' flyer also
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

ditto! I would love to see the flyer too!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Blossoms Blooming

That's just awesome! Thanks to MV for helping you out!!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 AM

I'm dying for some clients! If anyone would like to share this flyer I'd love to see it!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:45 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I'd love to see the flyer too!!!! I haven't had any calls in weeks and have two spots to fill.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 AM

That's great. I just have one spot to fill but it's been two month with not one interview. I'd love to see the flyer too.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:05 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEHmom View Post
I'm dying for some clients! If anyone would like to share this flyer I'd love to see it!
I'm down to only one DCK now and after his adoption is finalized I will be losing him as well. I would love to see this flyer as well! I need some more clients asap.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would love to get in on this too, I was going to work on a flyer design this week because I had a business that offered to put one up in there office area and they get quite a bit off traffic from people in the same area I live in. What type places did you put up your flyer and were people receptive to letting you post it ? That's awesome...I would love to go from one pt to several pt or ft's
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

I put them up on advertising boards outside all the businesses, the library and I called the school secretary. Marinavanessa pm'd me the flyer. I bet she will send it to anyone interested. I was having a hard time coming up with something and I took some ideas from her.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM

Congrats!!! 7 kids is amazing!! I'd love to see your flyer too - but I think the key is to where it was posted. I don't find many places near me that you can post at - even one of the grocery stores near by took their board down.

Good luck with your new crew!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default 0 to 7 in 3 days

I will love to see a copy of the flyer. I need to be full
Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'd love one too!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Me too! I want in on this magical flyer! Where did you post it?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

I created a trial one today using the eBay kijji thing and am going to put some out this afternoon! I still want to see how she did hers to see what was included.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

She pm'd me her flyer and I don't know how to put mine on here. Maybe she will put it on here so everyone can see. She had a small envelope in the corner with business cards in it. I added a couple of pictures to mine one with my playroom and one with the outside play yard. Then put everything that I offered on there. I also put an ad on craigslist and one in the local paper. I mentioned to everyone I knew that I had openings. I spent the last month marketing myself to anyone and everyone I could think of.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

That is awesome! Good luck with your new group!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan24 View Post
She pm'd me her flyer and I don't know how to put mine on here. Maybe she will put it on here so everyone can see. She had a small envelope in the corner with business cards in it. I added a couple of pictures to mine one with my playroom and one with the outside play yard. Then put everything that I offered on there. I also put an ad on craigslist and one in the local paper. I mentioned to everyone I knew that I had openings. I spent the last month marketing myself to anyone and everyone I could think of.
I'll bet the flyer is wonderful, but I would imagine your success had as much to do with this as it did the flyer . Glad to hear things are going well for you!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

MV is always there to help and will offer to PM you ideas without hesitation. Congratulations and I hope you have continued success.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Family Childcare Home

I'm BACK!! I missed you all lol. I'm glad it all worked out for you. I think it's great that you got full! I finally got back to all of you that PM'd me for the link to the flyer. Hope it helps you all as well as it did for Morgan

Keep in mind that the flyer in my link is on white paper but I always print it on bright colored bold paper and the library card pockets are also bold bright colors that I stick on (the pockets and the flyer color should be different to stand out). Put business cards in your pocket and VOAHLAH!!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Family Childcare Home

This is an old thread but over the years I've had other providers message me to see the flyer that was talked about in this thread so I thought I would post a link to a scan of one for others that search the threads for advertising ideas.

When I make the flyers I print them on colored paper (the example I had made was quickly printed on white just so I could post it quickly back in 2011) and the pockets are library book pockets. I bought mine at Lakeshore Learning but you can get them at other teacher supply stores too. I used Photoshop to make the fliers but with the most recent Words upgrades and all nifty things you can do now you can easily make a flyer like this with word. The fonts were all downloaded for free.

Sample Flyer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyer.jpg (55.4 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Michael; 10-14-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
This is an old thread but over the years I've had other providers message me to see the flyer that was talked about in this thread so I thought I would post a link to a scan of one for others that search the threads for advertising ideas.

When I make the flyers I print them on colored paper (the example I had made was quickly printed on white just so I could post it quickly back in 2011) and the pockets are library book pockets. I bought mine at Lakeshore Learning but you can get them at other teacher supply stores too. I used Photoshop to make the fliers but with the most recent Words upgrades and all nifty things you can do now you can easily make a flyer like this with word. The fonts were all downloaded for free.

Sample Flyer
Where are all the places you hang your flyer? I have a heck of time finding anywhere in my town that allows flyers to be hung. There used to be many places but not so much anymore.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
Where are all the places you hang your flyer? I have a heck of time finding anywhere in my town that allows flyers to be hung. There used to be many places but not so much anymore.
I hung some at a gasoline station, a few laundromats (they usually have a bulletin board that anyone can hang advertisements on), I left a few at my local community college because it's pretty close to where I live (I had to submit it and have it approved through the college first but hanging it was free), I left one to hang in the office of two elementary schools nearest me, I asked my pediatrician and dentist office if I could leave one and they both agreed (I have a good relationship with them, I donate books that I buy from thrift stores to both offices but I cheat and add labels inside the books with my contact info. I also ask for 6 grab bags from the dentist twice a year when we do dental hygiene at daycare. The grab bags have dental stuff for the children and the toothbrush has the dentist's name and address on it and he puts a business card in it, it's a trade off). You can check your city ordinances and see if your city will let you post flyers at nearby parks where they have playgrounds.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Awesome, congrats!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Family Childcare Provider

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

I appreciate you sharing the flyer. I used it as inspiration for my flyer. I am excited about getting it out there!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Home Daycare Provider

So cute, thanks for sharing!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Those library pockets are seriously brilliant!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 AM
mac n peas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I have a good relationship with them, I donate books that I buy from thrift stores to both offices but I cheat and add labels inside the books with my contact info. I also ask for 6 grab bags from the dentist twice a year when we do dental hygiene at daycare. The grab bags have dental stuff for the children and the toothbrush has the dentist's name and address on it and he puts a business card in it, it's a trade off). .
This is an amazingly fabulous idea!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:55 AM
FCC Army Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV View Post
I'm BACK!! I missed you all lol. I'm glad it all worked out for you. I think it's great that you got full! I finally got back to all of you that PM'd me for the link to the flyer. Hope it helps you all as well as it did for Morgan

Keep in mind that the flyer in my link is on white paper but I always print it on bright colored bold paper and the library card pockets are also bold bright colors that I stick on (the pockets and the flyer color should be different to stand out). Put business cards in your pocket and VOAHLAH!!
Could I also please get a copy of this magic flyer? Im opening back up in two weeks and need something catching to draw in parents.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCCarmyprovider View Post
Could I also please get a copy of this magic flyer? Im opening back up in two weeks and need something catching to draw in parents.
An example of her flyer is posted in post #24 just a couple above yours....
Old 03-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Check at you local mom & pop independent stores . Most small businesses like to help other small businesses out .
Old 03-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Provider in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV View Post

Sample Flyer
Thanx! I will be opening up soon in a new state, so this is very helpful! Maybe you should do one of those daycare marketing websites, I bet you can make a lot of money giving advice and web seminars!

Tags
advertising ideas, flyers, marketing ideas, positive