Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Snowmom 09:08 AM 05-29-2015
I'm on cloud 9.... problem dcb's last day today. WooooooHooooo.
No more 5 timeouts before lunch. No more constant colds brought in. I'll be doing the happy dance all day!

AmyLeigh 10:36 AM 05-29-2015
Reasons for 2 yo's meltdowns since 7:00 am today:

came to daycare
had a spoon when she wanted a fork (for cereal)
drank all her milk
I wanted her cup to refill with milk
I made her put her shoes on to go outside
took shoes off then hurt her foot by stepping on rock
went for a walk around the block...I made her walk half of it
the other kids got ahead of us because she kept stopping
I wouldn't let her walk in the road, with a car coming
breeze blew in her face
wanted to color
was given paper and crayon box (I guess she changed her mind?)

It's only 10:30. I foresee an early lunch and nap today.
Leigh 01:39 PM 05-29-2015
I have had two parents pick up early (unexpectedly), and have just 2 kids left (same family). The ones left here are the ones whose parents said they were picking up early today. I know that it never happens like that. I have already had a light and easy day today, and I'm getting so resentful that the one who said they'd be early still isn't here. I know I should be grateful for the nice day that I've had, but GRRR.
Rockgirl 02:20 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have had two parents pick up early (unexpectedly), and have just 2 kids left (same family). The ones left here are the ones whose parents said they were picking up early today. I know that it never happens like that. I have already had a light and easy day today, and I'm getting so resentful that the one who said they'd be early still isn't here. I know I should be grateful for the nice day that I've had, but GRRR.
Isn't that always the way? Here's what happens here: dcg who is almost always last to leave, and right at closing time at that, happens to leave early. A child who typically leaves early will stay till close. Do they conspire?
Leigh 04:01 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Isn't that always the way? Here's what happens here: dcg who is almost always last to leave, and right at closing time at that, happens to leave early. A child who typically leaves early will stay till close. Do they conspire?
They're probably laughing over beers right now! My "early" pickup was only 18 minutes early. Her "mother of the year" award will arrive on Tuesday.
MsLisa 06:26 PM 05-29-2015
OMG! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Happened to me ALL this week and I even had less kids too.
Rockgirl 07:53 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
OMG! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Happened to me ALL this week and I even had less kids too.
It happened to me today....why did I mention it?
Onawhim 03:58 AM 05-30-2015
Yes yes yes. I have one family who ALWAYS picks up by 4:15-4:20. Always. I have another family (family friends) that pick up between 5/5:15. I made arrangements for the late ones to be picked up early only for my early family to be here till 5 on the dot.
daycarediva 08:50 AM 06-01-2015
Murphy's law! When parents tell me they will be picking up early, we write it on a slip and then they get a phone call/text reminder. I hold them to it.
DaveA 05:46 AM 06-02-2015
I close for 3 days every year to go to the same trade show. It's amazing: I've sent 3 parent letters in the last 4 months and talked to them about it at least a half dozen times. And DCM is STILL STUNNED & FREAKED OUT that I'm closed Thursday, Friday and Monday! At this point I couldn't care less what you're going to do those days.
Unregistered 06:18 AM 06-02-2015
dcm and dcd are in Vegas so Grandpa did drop off this morning...a half our earlier than scheduled! I was still in my robe and glasses! "Oh, your not ready yet? Well, I can just sit here and wait with her while you get ready." Ummm, no! I told him to leave and dcg sat on my bed watching cartoons while I got dressed, but I am not off to a good start today.
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I close for 3 days every year to go to the same trade show. It's amazing: I've sent 3 parent letters in the last 4 months and talked to them about it at least a half dozen times. And DCM is STILL STUNNED & FREAKED OUT that I'm closed Thursday, Friday and Monday! At this point I couldn't care less what you're going to do those days.
When you send out notices that you are closed, have the parents sign off and date the info.

When they freak out (like DCM above) show her the signed form.

Gets them every time.

I totally understand that families are busy and schedules can often be hectic but from my point of view, what makes anyone else's hectic schedule any more important than the next persons..kwim? Hence, my attempt to find humor in those type of situations.
It is crazy at times but its not always my crazy.
AmyKidsCo 01:27 PM 06-02-2015
Fellow introverts will understand...

Student teacher was here 7:30-12:30. Daughter and granddaughters came to visit at 11:30. Daughter in law came to hang laundry (her dryer is broken) with grandchildren at 12:45. DCK went down for nap at 1:00. Older 3 grandchildren played outside while DD and DIL chatted at the table until 2:30. First DCK woke up at 2:31.
Play Care 03:21 AM 06-03-2015
My clueless DCD lies about why he keeps dcg home. Claims she's sick, or has a slight fever, etc.
I'll ask dcg if she was sick and she always says "no, I went to so and so's house yesterday"
They are done in a week, so I'm pretty much thinking "whatever."

The real issue is that DCD was so desperate for dcg to get to preschool (I offer transportation) that he signed with me knowing my schedule would not meet his needs. To his credit he made it work for two years, but now is petering out at the end
I think he knows if he complains. I'll point out quite firmly that this was addressed in the interview and repeated over the course of two years - and that any issue from it falls on him for making the choice to come here despite my being very upfront about my working hours/policies.
childcaremom 10:09 AM 06-03-2015
I swear dcm has imbedded an alarm clock on dcb, 14 mos. She only wants him to sleep for 2 hours (so he will sleep at home ). This after finally getting him to fall asleep independently and not wake up screaming at the top of his lungs. He was sleeping 3 hrs and had turned into a happy baby.

Now he won't settle and wakes up after 2 hours. on. the. dot. Screaming. And he is miserable.

I have one family potentially signing this week and then only have one spot left to fill before I hand them notice. If I make it that long.
Unregistered 07:58 PM 06-03-2015
Dcd tells me my kid has been sick 2 weeks in a row. I told him yes dcg(22mo) needs to stay home. Coughing(deep raspy)& yellow icky mucus everywhere. Dcg likes to put fingers in nose and will swipe with hands and then touch things. I will not have other dcks sick too. No thank you.
KiddieCahoots 08:26 AM 06-04-2015
Dcm took an adult temper tantrum yesterday (which was not very becoming) after I sent her sick dcb home for persistent/unconsolable crying/screaming, not eating, not sleeping, congestion, with a low grade.
One of dcm's many text to me........"She is not ill, she has a common cold/virus and the doctor said she was not contagious" .....paa..leassse..........
Turquoise14 10:26 AM 06-04-2015
My one summer family said they needed to drop off an hour early today. The parents are headed out of town. Instead of an hour early, they got here 25 minutes late. Flaky people.
Second Home 12:51 PM 06-04-2015
My one full time dck's parent turned in their 2 weeks notice, they gave me 4 weeks which was nice .
There is no real possibility of getting any full time dck to replace him and I may have to close . The 2 part timers over the summer will not be enough and both of those will end up sa kids after summer break.

AmyLeigh 01:00 PM 06-05-2015
Rule of inverse energy levels: The less I have, the more they have.

I'm just tired from a late night and sore from yesterday's work out. The kiddos, OTOH, are having a good ol' time.
BumbleBee 03:31 PM 06-06-2015
If you recently told me about the Disney Cruise you're taking your kids on, as well as the $500 in clothes you just bought your kids, please don't text me on a Saturday evening to inform me that you cannot pay your daycare bill because you "don't have money."

What you don't have is a budget, or daycare until you are paid up.
LysesKids 03:47 AM 06-07-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
If you recently told me about the Disney Cruise you're taking your kids on, as well as the $500 in clothes you just bought your kids, please don't text me on a Saturday evening to inform me that you cannot pay your daycare bill because you "don't have money."

What you don't have is a budget, or daycare until you are paid up.
I know this one well...
Sunshine74 10:27 AM 06-08-2015
Dcg will NOT go to sleep. We had bad thunder storms last night, and she was up in the middle of the night because of them. She was an emotional mess all morning from being so tired. Now she is doing everything in her power to force herself to stay awake. I can just imagine how awful this afternoon is going to be.
MsLisa 05:00 PM 06-08-2015
Today and the next 2 days are half days, which means my days are now 1-6pm. They were nuts today. No amount of gym time, toys, or electronic entertainment helped me.

AND The usual late pick up left early.....the early pick up left late.
The curse continues.....

One down, two to go....
ColorfulSunburst 11:26 AM 06-09-2015
A parent forgot bring his weekly payment and had to go to an ATM to get money and then went back to pay. His 2 y.o. son has saw him and start crying.
The father gave him a dollar. The boy putted it into his packet and stopped crying
I had no word to say.
At pick up time I just asked the father, "how much are you going to pay him when he get 5y.o., 15 y.o.?
AmyLeigh 02:57 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
A parent forgot bring his weekly payment and had to go to an ATM to get money and then went back to pay. His 2 y.o. son has saw him and start crying.
The father gave him a dollar. The boy putted it into his packet and stopped crying
I had no word to say.
At pick up time I just asked the father, "how much are you going to pay him when he get 5y.o., 15 y.o.?
Remember the kid in Daddy Daycare that did that? It's funny when it's fiction, not so much in real life, huh?
Controlled Chaos 03:33 PM 06-09-2015
dcg just turned 3 last week. She has only been with a month and half. I started taking her to the potty when she started attending here. Mom said to me during the interview "my friends say she will potty train herself"...well you still have to show her how to sit on the potty Anyway, she has been doing great. She goes on the potty 80% of the time. I figured she would be in big girl underwear in the next month or so. She has never pooped in the potty for me and is still wet 2-3 times a day.

Dcm shows up today, late, as she heads out the door "Oh she is in big girl underwear!" Yep...no extra undies, no spare clothes. I was pissed. I would have refused, called mom and had her pick up, but was under caffeinated and not thinking clearly. Little girl had 2 accidents. I put her back in a diaper after the first one and had to use my sons clothes for her.
AHHHHHH

Luckily mom was understanding of this behavior not being acceptable in the future. She is just flakey. Today was the worst. But all daycare kids picked up early and only 4 hours till mine will all be in bed.
Unregistered 05:07 PM 06-09-2015
So irritated with dcps that think only of themselves and not the health and well being of their child which they choose to have. So can't wait for the next couple of months until they leave.
Blackcat31 05:45 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
dcg just turned 3 last week. She has only been with a month and half. I started taking her to the potty when she started attending here. Mom said to me during the interview "my friends say she will potty train herself"...well you still have to show her how to sit on the potty Anyway, she has been doing great. She goes on the potty 80% of the time. I figured she would be in big girl underwear in the next month or so. She has never pooped in the potty for me and is still wet 2-3 times a day.

Dcm shows up today, late, as she heads out the door "Oh she is in big girl underwear!" Yep...no extra undies, no spare clothes. I was pissed. I would have refused, called mom and had her pick up, but was under caffeinated and not thinking clearly. Little girl had 2 accidents. I put her back in a diaper after the first one and had to use my sons clothes for her.
AHHHHHH

Luckily mom was understanding of this behavior not being acceptable in the future. She is just flakey. Today was the worst. But all daycare kids picked up early and only 4 hours till mine will all be in bed.
Ugh! Don't you love it when that happens...

I have a 3 yr old DCG that I KNOW is ready to be trained.... I FINALLY got mom to devote her 3 day weekend and go cold turkey with her and just get it done.... Things were great the first week after... DCG went potty no problem.... no accidents. (looking back I reminded her all through out the day)

The second week she had a min of two accidents a day, mom said DCG refuses to go at home and says "I will sit a daycare" every time mom asks her to go so mom didn't push it...

Today, its Tuesday on week #3 and I was cleaning up the 3rd mess she made today suddenly I had this "I could've had a V-8 moment" and thought "Blackcat, WHAT are you doing??? Why are YOU cleaning up pee....aaannnddd not the first time recently???"

Mom and I had a talk at pick up. She was like your DCM and understood.
DCG will arrive tomorrow in a pull-up.

Funny, how we know better but sometimes things just sneak by

Glad your situation worked out....
Controlled Chaos 08:33 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have a 3 yr old DCG that I KNOW is ready to be trained.... I FINALLY got mom to devote her 3 day weekend and go cold turkey with her and just get it done.... Things were great the first week after... DCG went potty no problem.... no accidents. (looking back I reminded her all through out the day)

The second week she had a min of two accidents a day, mom said DCG refuses to go at home and says "I will sit a daycare" every time mom asks her to go so mom didn't push it...

Today, its Tuesday on week #3 and I was cleaning up the 3rd mess she made today suddenly I had this "I could've had a V-8 moment" and thought "Blackcat, WHAT are you doing??? Why are YOU cleaning up pee....aaannnddd not the first time recently???"

Thank it makes me feel better to know others forget we have the power to end a situation sometime.
Leigh 06:43 AM 06-10-2015

I have a kid who I considered potty trained last summer. I worked with him last summer and he went in the potty for several weeks-every time. I thought Mom & Dad were working on it at home, too, because they said that they were (it was Mom's idea to start). He suddenly started having accidents, then was full-out not using the toilet anymore. Turns out, Mom & Dad didn't "have time" to take him to the bathroom, so he stayed in diapers. He's almost 4 now, and still using diapers.
AmyKidsCo 07:56 AM 06-10-2015
Woke up with a raging headache yesterday that lasted until after nap time. Woke up with another one today. Ow.
bklsmum 08:05 AM 06-10-2015
The tattle tales are making me nuts today!!! UGH!!!
Onawhim 08:46 AM 06-10-2015
My dcb3 who has hit a major brat stage is driving me BONKERS. We make cookies, play blocks, go to the park and then while I'm changing him he says "I don't want to come here anymore" okay thanks fine I will find another little friend who likes the park and cookies.
mommiebookworm 10:27 AM 06-10-2015
"Give your kid a bath more often!!! It would probably help the diaper rash!!"
Baby Beluga 12:23 PM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Woke up with a raging headache yesterday that lasted until after nap time. Woke up with another one today. Ow.
Have you tried tiger balm? I use it when I have a bad headache and it helps 9 our of 10 times. I put it on my forehead and temples.

I hope you feel better soon!
Unregistered 03:14 PM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
"Give your kid a bath more often!!! It would probably help the diaper rash!!"
I have a child with the same problem. Dcg even comes smelling like pee or with dried food in hair/face/neck. I don't get parents who are so into themselves that need their kids in bed by 6:00pm (picks up at 4pm, enough time for dinner) and can't even bathe their child because she is so cranky she needs to go to bed. The thing is I apply sunscreen twice a day on dcg.
MsLisa 07:03 AM 06-11-2015
No more school = No more Before & Aftercare = No more Ms. Lisa.
Think parents would have gotten that? NOPE!

2 of the pre-k kids showed up looking for me at 6:30 am. My boss calls me to tell me he "dropped the ball on finding someone to be there" and was I sure they all knew about it. I feel a little bad but it was said over and OVER again that my program ended yesterday. Its Pre-K & under's problem now. THEY can come in at 7am and get them. I refuse.

Sometimes I forget my boss is a 26yr old dip****....

The one day I get to sleep in, not be there at 6:30am and all hell breaks loose.
Play Care 02:57 AM 06-16-2015
Ugh! At 3:00 AM this morning my I woke up and my brain was like "Let't think about ESCAPED CONVICTS!" I finally fell asleep about a half hour before the alarm went off
Onawhim 04:06 AM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Ugh! At 3:00 AM this morning my I woke up and my brain was like "Let't think about ESCAPED CONVICTS!" I finally fell asleep about a half hour before the alarm went off
I was thinking about that last night they think they might be in my province a small local clothing store was robbed last week and they have pictures thinking it's them

My vent... I am sleepy. No apparent reason I had 8 hours of sleep. I'm just tired.
UnderAppreciated 10:39 AM 06-16-2015
So, it's time to take a pay cut by nearly half my pay, and not by choice. I knew one dcb was leaving care soon because dcd is in jail for up to 7 years and dcm went to rehab. The whole time both were gone the poor dcb's world was turned upside down. He was staying with another dcm of mine and on the weekends with his ggma... I asked for the notice listed in my contract since they had no idea of the time frame. No notice given suddenly dcm gets to leave rehab and the dcb doesn't come back to day care. I had to track her down to get things settled. It's just a good thing I require a deposit. Unexpectedly, another dcm tells me she has to pull dcg1 out of daycare by July because they are having financial issues. I understand this and there's nothing I can do about it. I have had this particular dcg for 4 1/2 years . They were one of the best families I've ever had. Dcg2 usually comes to day care at 6:30 every day except for the one day a week dcm has off. Thursday and Friday last week I was expecting her and she never came, nor did she come Monday morning. I send a txt to dcm stating she needs to get in touch with me about day care. Dcm says she tried calling. No missed calls and my phone didn't ring. Dcm stops by after work and explains that dcg2 is now in another dc with her bf's kids so she can go to school with them. No notice? So frustrating. Dcg2 was with me for two years. I am at a loss for words right now and filled with emotion.
Play Care 11:01 AM 06-16-2015
Wow! That's a lot to deal with!

It does sound as if some of your clientele is a bit "rough" which could account for the turnover issues. Can you market to a higher income bracket?
jgcp 01:39 PM 06-16-2015
I advertised openings and all i got were two more SA kids! I took it knowing if i didnt i would lose out. I now have a 6,7,8, and 9 yr old plus the 3 yr old ive had for 2 yrs and my 2yr old. 7&9 yr old ive had for a almost a year and are bro and sis and the most entitled bratiest kids EVER! 8 yr old comes into the mix and her and 9 yr old dcg are instant buddies YAY for them blah for the other kids because they became instant mean girls!!! and wont play with 7 yr old dcb. 6 yr old freaking talks like a 2 yr old and LOUD and ive never seen a child that age cry so damn much over the STUPIDEST things ( yes parents are aware and have tried to put a stop to it)!! Im having a hard time with that and hoping she is here less in july. The only upside to older kids is its easier to go to the park and places with them but GOOD LORD they dont listen! I hate the attitude i get from all of them and the back talk is out of control ( oh i get on them about it) and the listening is even worse!! Only two months, only two months.....
Blackcat31 02:03 PM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
I advertised openings and all i got were two more SA kids! I took it knowing if i didnt i would lose out. I now have a 6,7,8, and 9 yr old plus the 3 yr old ive had for 2 yrs and my 2yr old. 7&9 yr old ive had for a almost a year and are bro and sis and the most entitled bratiest kids EVER! 8 yr old comes into the mix and her and 9 yr old dcg are instant buddies YAY for them blah for the other kids because they became instant mean girls!!! and wont play with 7 yr old dcb. 6 yr old freaking talks like a 2 yr old and LOUD and ive never seen a child that age cry so damn much over the STUPIDEST things ( yes parents are aware and have tried to put a stop to it)!! Im having a hard time with that and hoping she is here less in july. The only upside to older kids is its easier to go to the park and places with them but GOOD LORD they dont listen! I hate the attitude i get from all of them and the back talk is out of control ( oh i get on them about it) and the listening is even worse!! Only two months, only two months.....

BumbleBee 06:27 PM 06-16-2015
8 days into summer care and 11 yo dcg had THREE crying meltdowns today over ridiculous sh*t.

Add in the crying meltdown she had last week AND the fact that she both lied to me by omission as well as lied to me outright and I am about ready to throw the towel in.

Then, just to make life even more *fun* 9 yo dcg is being a bully to 7 yo dcg.

11 more weeks, 11 more weeks, 11 more weeks, 11 more weeks
tntsmom 09:01 AM 06-17-2015
Okay, so summer is here, should be happy to have everyone in one place right? Well I have an only child that I have had for 4 years and he is 6 now and the sense of entitlement is driving me crazy!
Tattles because she has 3 trains and he has 2
Tattles because he wanted it first and he got it
Tattles because she touched my block
Tattles because he is sitting by me
Tattles because another child wants to play with one of the two puzzles I have yet he can only work one at a time!

I could go on and on and right now as much as I have spoken to the parents, they understand, but it continues and continues and continues!

Any advice how to get it to stop permanently, because, I am exhausted with this non-stop, literally non-stop!
HELP
Annalee 09:28 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by tntsmom:
Okay, so summer is here, should be happy to have everyone in one place right? Well I have an only child that I have had for 4 years and he is 6 now and the sense of entitlement is driving me crazy!
Tattles because she has 3 trains and he has 2
Tattles because he wanted it first and he got it
Tattles because she touched my block
Tattles because he is sitting by me
Tattles because another child wants to play with one of the two puzzles I have yet he can only work one at a time!

I could go on and on and right now as much as I have spoken to the parents, they understand, but it continues and continues and continues!

Any advice how to get it to stop permanently, because, I am exhausted with this non-stop, literally non-stop!
HELP
I have a dcg5 whom I have had since she was 11 months old. She is similar to the child you are talking about....she is controlling and exhausts me as well many days...some days are better than others....I am constantly saying things like "xxx is talking, we do not interrupt" or "xxx and xxxx are playing, allow them their space" or "STOP TALKING..".... I have expressed to her parents that when she enters Kindy next year, how she does will depend on how the teacher feels about her personality..the teacher may love her over-helpful ways or the teacher could find her annoying...I am honest with my parents and they must have told the child to quieten down because the dcg5 now asks me "if she has been quiet today"
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by tntsmom:
Tattles because she has 3 trains and he has 2 (He would be done playing trains. Now he has none.)
Tattles because he wanted it first and he got it (He would lose whatever it is he wanted first and would have to go last)Tattles because she touched my block
Tattles because he is sitting by me (He would have to give her his blocks ad be done playing blocks)
Tattles because another child wants to play with one of the two puzzles I have yet he can only work one at a time! (He would be done playing puzzles and the other child would get free reign with both)

HELP
I replied in bold above as to what the consequences would be here for a 6 yr old tattler.

Here the person who does the tattling gets the time out or removal from the activity. Youd be surprised at how fast they figure out how to stop tattling.

Oh and give NO warnings....just swift immediate action and I guarantee you that he will not tattle after a week of consequences...
Play Care 10:25 AM 06-17-2015
I replied in bold above as to what the consequences would be here for a 6 yr old tattler.

Here the person who does the tattling gets the time out or removal from the activity. Youd be surprised at how fast they figure out how to stop tattling.

Oh and give NO warnings....just swift immediate action and I guarantee you that he will not tattle after a week of consequences...

Play Care 10:30 AM 06-17-2015
Stop asking me if you can do x,y, or z after I've just assigned A, B, and C. You have HOURS in which to chose your activities - and you frequently make poor choices which lead to me making them for you. So NO, if I have to step in and constantly direct then you're not going to get what you're asking for. That train has left!
Play Care 10:32 AM 06-17-2015
And on a personal note - my assistant has been out all week due to illness and I had to cancel appointments and put off some of our Fathers Day projects because of it. On top of that I've been eating junk and not working out.

Blah!!
Onawhim 04:53 AM 06-18-2015
Is it Friday yet? Oh my these kids are fighting NON stop!!!
Unregistered 07:40 AM 06-18-2015
okay so I'm new here and possibly looking into register with you guys. anyways I have been running my day in hIome day care center for about a year now. I started out with my son who is two and then two brothers full time. in April I picked up a two year old. the first 3 or 4 weeks were awesome you know no problems at drop off no problems during the day everything was great. then his father who is a firefighter started 24 hour shift. and problems hit the roof. drop off in the morning became a hour affair of screaming and crying and being extremely upset. which then went to about 10 minutes of being fine and another outburst period which continues throughout the whole entire day. he's not eating well maybe three bites of anything I offer him. and nap time no longer exist with this child. While i still hsve 3 other children in tge home. This has gone in from may untill now. I'm at my wits end and just don't know what to do.
Thriftylady 12:56 PM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
okay so I'm new here and possibly looking into register with you guys. anyways I have been running my day in hIome day care center for about a year now. I started out with my son who is two and then two brothers full time. in April I picked up a two year old. the first 3 or 4 weeks were awesome you know no problems at drop off no problems during the day everything was great. then his father who is a firefighter started 24 hour shift. and problems hit the roof. drop off in the morning became a hour affair of screaming and crying and being extremely upset. which then went to about 10 minutes of being fine and another outburst period which continues throughout the whole entire day. he's not eating well maybe three bites of anything I offer him. and nap time no longer exist with this child. While i still hsve 3 other children in tge home. This has gone in from may untill now. I'm at my wits end and just don't know what to do.
First thing you need is a conference with the parents. Are they having issues at home? How are they dealing with it? Will they help you with a plan for action? Will they stick with it and back you up? Does he have a crying place where he can go by himself and cry until he is ready to join the group? Sometimes it gets to where you may have to term the child, but asking yourself those questions and working from there may help.
BumbleBee 02:16 PM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
8 days into summer care and 11 yo dcg had THREE crying meltdowns today over ridiculous sh*t.
Crying meltdown today was over Cheerios. Yes, Cheerios. I didn't have any left and she was crying because she 'had to starve' until lunch.

Right, because there aren't FIVE other boxes of cereal in front of you (no plain Cheerios though). Sorry if Multi Grain Cheerios, Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Kix, Cinnamon Life cereal aren't acceptable, but I'm not making a special trip to a store 20 minutes away just so you can have your precious Cheerios.
jgcp 03:37 PM 06-18-2015
Got a phone call this morning from one dcm ( ive known her since we were 11 yrs old and were once really good friends but have way diff lifestyles so more just we used to hang out but i know everything about you friends now haha) Anyway she says she is running late and asks if i can meet her at her job to pick up 8 yr old dcg. Really? I say sorry everyone is eating breakfast... she tells me dcg will just stay with her at work. Then about an hour and a half later her grandma drops her off?? Nothing from her mom saying she was going to come. Then gma says OH dcm only works till about 1 today so it should be a short day..... SWEET... well its 330 now and no mom. Even dcg noticed? She really is the most irrisponsable person and thinks im here to just cater to her every time she cant get her sh** together. last week she wanted me to keep dcg till my 8pm softball game and take her with me so she could just get her from there( she lives a little out of town but makes that my problem)??? Nope closing is 530. Im just happy its a summer thing and probably just June.
AmyLeigh 02:00 PM 06-19-2015
DCM was complaining that her week of 4-10 hour days this week have been just sooo exhausting.

I held back telling her that her 10 hours days translated to me having 11 1/2 hour days.
Onawhim 04:00 AM 06-23-2015
Why do I have to be the mean one all the time. Dcg2 walks in this morning with a handful of worms and a bag full of candy. Mom says I told her she shouldn't take them. Okay... Why didn't you inforce. Started off my morning with 3 other families being dropped off at the same time tell dcg she couldn't come in until she put the worms out and handed over the candy.
Josiegirl 04:09 AM 06-23-2015
Worms? As in real honest to goodness live worms? In one hand? Then candy in the other?
WTH is wrong with people???
Onawhim 06:56 AM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Worms? As in real honest to goodness live worms? In one hand? Then candy in the other?
WTH is wrong with people???
Yup live wiggling worms. They drove 20 minute from their place to mine with her carrying worms and candy. I am counting down the days till my vacation!!!
Rockgirl 12:47 PM 06-23-2015
6 yr old dcb STILL puts everything in his mouth. Just now, dh's Pink Floyd blanket was the victim. I think will wash it and keep that one a secret.
childcaremom 12:56 PM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
Yup live wiggling worms. They drove 20 minute from their place to mine with her carrying worms and candy. I am counting down the days till my vacation!!!
omg

Not funny, but still.
Controlled Chaos 12:59 PM 06-23-2015
Why do I have to be the mean one all the time. Dcg2 walks in this morning with a handful of worms and a bag full of candy. Mom says I told her she shouldn't take them. Okay... Why didn't you inforce. Started off my morning with 3 other families being dropped off at the same time tell dcg she couldn't come in until she put the worms out and handed over the candy.
My 3yo (that's right MY kid ) has been licking spider webs recently...
Anyone else have to book Bugs by David Greenberg? It'll change your life
Unregistered 01:46 PM 06-23-2015
Dcb1 screamed blue murder the entire rest period and had meltdown after meltdown after meltdown.

Dcb3 didn't get his full rest (see above) and had to be reminded to watch his language again and again and again.

Dcg5 spent the entire outdoor time picking fights with everyone, sulking and using inappropriate language. Threatens to tell on dcb3 to her mom. I separate them and then it's sulking b/c she can't do what he's doing.

Mom shows up and dcg5 loses it as soon as they get out of my eyesight.

Good grief. I can sense the email from dcm already.
NightOwl 01:59 PM 06-23-2015
I'm so over this child and her parents coddling her every.single.time she grunts. She's 3yo and a perfect angel all day, my best behaved kid. But when the mom or dad showed up, good god.... it's borderline disgusting. She instantly starts crying (no apparent reason), they instantly scoop her up and "what's wrong with my little baby??" and "why are you crying? You're not in trouble, your perfect". She buries her face in their shoulder and whines. Not.a.single.thing.is.EVER.wrong.with.her. Sometimes, it's a full 5 minutes before they even acknowledge the sibling, a 5mo. The baby isn't the cause of the Oscar worthy performance she gives because she was doing this long before his arrival. This behavior doesn't affect my day or reflect in her behavior when they're not here, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me. They're gonna have he!! to pay when she goes to K.
Leigh 03:35 PM 06-23-2015
6 yr old dcb STILL puts everything in his mouth. Just now, dh's Pink Floyd blanket was the victim. I think will wash it and keep that one a secret.
Oh, that disgusts me. I have a nearly 4yo here who started doing it again after going more than a year without putting things in his mouth! I think that potty training is stressing him out. His mom has tried off and on to train him for a year, but he isn't ready-he CAN'T recognize that he has pooped his pants. Now, potty training is "on" again.
DaveA 04:55 AM 06-24-2015
Was supposed to have my licensing renewal inspection this morning but rep had to reschedule yesterday afternoon for a couple of weeks. No biggie except now it's raining and supposed to rain all day (forecast had said dry). I have a delivery coming tomorrow morning I scheduled just so he wouldn't see pallets of stuff beside the house and now I'm going to have 8 ton of pavers and sand unoaded on muddy ground. GRRR
Play Care 01:38 PM 06-24-2015
At the risk of being flamed:

My one SA dcb is a Pain in the rear. His parents (mostly mom and she rules the roost) think the sun shines out of his batooty and he can do no wrong. They allow him to talk back and argue ("isn't he so smart?! He's going to be a lawyer, no doubt!" )

No one else can stand this child. Other kids, teachers, adults, neighbors, etc. I just got an text from a neighbor saying she hopes her kid isn't in the same class as the SA dcb next year. He's just THAT obnoxious. But mom believes everything he says because you know how 6 year olds always know what's going on.

Tomorrow is his last day for the summer, and next school year I won't have a spot for him.
NightOwl 01:42 PM 06-24-2015
At the risk of being flamed:

My one SA dcb is a Pain in the rear. His parents (mostly mom and she rules the roost) think the sun shines out of his batooty and he can do no wrong. They allow him to talk back and argue ("isn't he so smart?! He's going to be a lawyer, no doubt!" )

No one else can stand this child. Other kids, teachers, adults, neighbors, etc. I just got an text from a neighbor saying she hopes her kid isn't in the same class as the SA dcb next year. He's just THAT obnoxious. But mom believes everything he says because you know how 6 year olds always know what's going on.

Tomorrow is his last day for the summer, and next school year I won't have a spot for him.
I also have had spots to mysteriously disappear.
mommiebookworm 03:28 PM 06-24-2015
The whining, tattling and screaming has gotten on my nerves! Is it time for you to go home yet?
AmyLeigh 01:43 PM 06-30-2015
108 degrees today.

Need I say more?
Unregistered 05:33 PM 06-30-2015
Dcg slaps mom in the face at pickup. I sternly tell her that is not okay. She starts crying. Mom gives ME the dirty look
Thriftylady 09:37 PM 06-30-2015
So I had to go with DH to Dayton an HOUR away to pick up his broken down semi that finally got into the shop and fixed while he hasn't been making any money. And on the way home, I hit a deer. It is pretty nasty, but not totaled and I have liability insurance on it. Great now I am broke due to a long dry spell with no DCK's and down a vehicle.
Baby Beluga 10:01 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
So I had to go with DH to Dayton an HOUR away to pick up his broken down semi that finally got into the shop and fixed while he hasn't been making any money. And on the way home, I hit a deer. It is pretty nasty, but not totaled and I have liability insurance on it. Great now I am broke due to a long dry spell with no DCK's and down a vehicle.
I'm sorry Thrifty. I am glad you are okay though!
Thriftylady 10:04 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:

I'm sorry Thrifty. I am glad you are okay though!
Yeah, I'm fine. No injuries or anything. Just mental right now. I had to call DH to come help me, was able to drive the van home but it needs work. Stood there forever while waiting for the sheriff and then waiting for them to do their thing. DH kept telling me "these things happen it could happen to anyone" It is the worst wreck I have ever had, mine have been a couple of little dings in parking lots lol. Now I get to tell my two DCP that I got in a wreck. Sigh.
LysesKids 03:45 AM 07-01-2015

Yeah, I'm fine. No injuries or anything. Just mental right now. I had to call DH to come help me, was able to drive the van home but it needs work. Stood there forever while waiting for the sheriff and then waiting for them to do their thing. DH kept telling me "these things happen it could happen to anyone" It is the worst wreck I have ever had, mine have been a couple of little dings in parking lots lol. Now I get to tell my two DCP that I got in a wreck. Sigh.
Glad no injuries; the accident should not cost you anything because it should fall under comprehensive coverage - that is if you had it on the van, if not not sure how it works. I always keep full coverage on my vehicles until they aren't worth more than 3000 or so... if you drive dck's at anytime you should have full coverage regardless
Thriftylady 10:27 AM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:

Glad no injuries; the accident should not cost you anything because it should fall under comprehensive coverage - that is if you had it on the van, if not not sure how it works. I always keep full coverage on my vehicles until they aren't worth more than 3000 or so... if you drive dck's at anytime you should have full coverage regardless
Yeah I took comprehensive off a month or so ago when hubby was really low on miles because his dispatcher was on maternity leave. I was going to put it back on when we caught up. And the deductible was $500 on it anyway. We are hoping to go to the salvage yard and find a matching hood and quarter panel. It is really the drivers side in the headlight area and the drivers side of the van. I didn't hit it square on, more the side of the van. I was able to drive it home, so it isn't totaled or anything but needs fixed. Finding the time to do the work will be another issue with hubby being a truck driver.

I am still kind of upset about it, but in the light of day it could have been so much worse.
LysesKids 11:01 AM 07-01-2015

Yeah I took comprehensive off a month or so ago when hubby was really low on miles because his dispatcher was on maternity leave. I was going to put it back on when we caught up. And the deductible was $500 on it anyway. We are hoping to go to the salvage yard and find a matching hood and quarter panel. It is really the drivers side in the headlight area and the drivers side of the van. I didn't hit it square on, more the side of the van. I was able to drive it home, so it isn't totaled or anything but needs fixed. Finding the time to do the work will be another issue with hubby being a truck driver.

I am still kind of upset about it, but in the light of day it could have been so much worse.
True it could have been real bad, however that little bit of $ you saved would have been worth having it in this case; My deer hit took out the right side of my van in 2000 and my 2 girls were in the backseat (hwy accident)... My insurance co says they don't charge the deductible in a deer hit because like the cop said, it happens
awilliams123 04:45 AM 07-02-2015
Why is it that ANYTHING that goes wrong with a child, the parents immediately think it's something that happened in daycare? I am so tired of this. I don't know how many times parents have picked their child up from daycare and later called or text me to ask me about something that's wrong with their child. The problem is they aren't really asking you what happened, they're implying that it's something that happened while their child was in your care. Some come right out and accuse you. The most common is bumps/scrapes/bruises. Every time a parents sees any type of mark on their child, it must have been something that happened in daycare. The truth of the matter is, 9 times out of 10, IT HAPPENED AT HOME!! We pay more attention to children that most parents because we know we're going to be accused if anything goes wrong! yesterday a parent sent me 3 text after she arrived home with pictures of tiny scratches she observed on her son. All three of the scratches were on his back, which is an area I don't generally see on the children since I don't usually have a reason to pull their shirts up. The only time I observe their backs is when they have an accident and I have to change their shirts. Other than that, I see face, arms, legs, and of course private parts when I change their diapers. Since I don't generally look at their backs I honestly couldn't say whether the scratches were there when they arrived to daycare or not, but for me this was the final straw. I sent out this memo to parents. " Dear parents, effective immediately, I will begin to conduct a visual exam of each child upon arrival each morning and every evening before they leave. Any marks I observe on your child that were not their when your child was last in my care will be documented and you will be notified immediately. I will also document and inform you of any marks I observe on your child that I observe at the end of the day that weren't there upon arrival." I know this is a LOT to do everyday, twice a day, for every child. But I feel I don't have another choice. I have to have a way of defending myself. And if it's something that's occurring while a child is in my care, I want to know this as well so I can prevent it. I have noticed that when ever a parent discovers that the mark is from something that happened at home, they down play it and make it seem as though it's no big deal, and it's the child's fault, never their fault. But if it happens in daycare it's my fault because I was being a negligent provider, and they make such a big deal about it. I'm just sick of it. If I have to result to such extreme measures to protect myself, then so be it!
Thriftylady 05:52 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by awilliams123:
Why is it that ANYTHING that goes wrong with a child, the parents immediately think it's something that happened in daycare? I am so tired of this. I don't know how many times parents have picked their child up from daycare and later called or text me to ask me about something that's wrong with their child. The problem is they aren't really asking you what happened, they're implying that it's something that happened while their child was in your care. Some come right out and accuse you. The most common is bumps/scrapes/bruises. Every time a parents sees any type of mark on their child, it must have been something that happened in daycare. The truth of the matter is, 9 times out of 10, IT HAPPENED AT HOME!! We pay more attention to children that most parents because we know we're going to be accused if anything goes wrong! yesterday a parent sent me 3 text after she arrived home with pictures of tiny scratches she observed on her son. All three of the scratches were on his back, which is an area I don't generally see on the children since I don't usually have a reason to pull their shirts up. The only time I observe their backs is when they have an accident and I have to change their shirts. Other than that, I see face, arms, legs, and of course private parts when I change their diapers. Since I don't generally look at their backs I honestly couldn't say whether the scratches were there when they arrived to daycare or not, but for me this was the final straw. I sent out this memo to parents. " Dear parents, effective immediately, I will begin to conduct a visual exam of each child upon arrival each morning and every evening before they leave. Any marks I observe on your child that were not their when your child was last in my care will be documented and you will be notified immediately. I will also document and inform you of any marks I observe on your child that I observe at the end of the day that weren't there upon arrival." I know this is a LOT to do everyday, twice a day, for every child. But I feel I don't have another choice. I have to have a way of defending myself. And if it's something that's occurring while a child is in my care, I want to know this as well so I can prevent it. I have noticed that when ever a parent discovers that the mark is from something that happened at home, they down play it and make it seem as though it's no big deal, and it's the child's fault, never their fault. But if it happens in daycare it's my fault because I was being a negligent provider, and they make such a big deal about it. I'm just sick of it. If I have to result to such extreme measures to protect myself, then so be it!
Honestly, I would be looking to fill the spot and term. I don't care how careful you are at home or at daycare, kids get bumps scrapes and bruises. Inspecting them won't stop that, you can't be there every second to catch them if they fall, stumble whatever. I won't work with a parent that is that nit picky, to much liability, and like I said there is nothing you can do. Kids will be kids and part of that is getting bumps. Heck I am an adult and I always have a cut, scrape, bump or something it seems half the time I don't know where they came from lol.
Controlled Chaos 11:47 AM 07-03-2015
Had trouble deciding whether to put this in the venting thread or what made me laugh:

DCM drops off 4 yo dcb. She says "so dcb has been saying the F word at home non stop. We are trying to get him to say 'Oh hamburgers!' instead so he will sound like Butters from South Park. So, if you can work on that, that would be great. Thanks!"

Sure. I will get right on that

DCB never says that here of course. He gives me a terrified look if he accidentally says "stupid" or "butt"
BumbleBee 01:53 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Had trouble deciding whether to put this in the venting thread or what made me laugh:

DCM drops off 4 yo dcb. She says "so dcb has been saying the F word at home non stop. We are trying to get him to say 'Oh hamburgers!' instead so he will sound like Butters from South Park. So, if you can work on that, that would be great. Thanks!"

Sure. I will get right on that

DCB never says that here of course. He gives me a terrified look if he accidentally says "stupid" or "butt"
Pretty sure I know where he learned the F word!
Onawhim 04:07 AM 07-06-2015
Major case of the Mondays happening here. Woke up to no good power. Ugh.
childcaremom 08:25 AM 07-06-2015
Major case of the Mondays happening here. Woke up to no good power. Ugh.
Mondays happening here, too. 5 more hours. 5 more hours.
LysesKids 08:28 AM 07-06-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
6 more hrs for me, just 6 more hrs... last Thursday started just like your Monday - thank goodness for 3 day weekends
Leigh 08:57 AM 07-06-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
My infant is gone today-it's a GREAT day here! I'm getting caught up on all the stuff I ignored this weekend!
Play Care 10:47 AM 07-06-2015
I have made it clear to DH that this summer was going to be challenging with the kids I have and that I needed our kids to be more independent/self sufficient. I am not able to oversee their summer enrichment during day care as most days the kids will not really nap and will need provider led activity.

Today is the first day and DH came home and is asking me all about the girls school work... Really.
Controlled Chaos 01:25 PM 07-06-2015
Sure I will take a drop in 1 year old who doesn't know me. Sure you can drop off right at nap. You're vegan? Great! You switched to cloth diapers since we last talked? Good for you!

I know better...I really do.

I didn't need $40 this bad...I could have sold plasma or something after work...would have been more fun.
childcaremom 03:24 AM 07-08-2015
Is it a full moon? Please tell me it has passed.

Dcg5 has been so whiny and argumentative this week with the others. Blech. I set up new activities in the yard, which normally she is all over, and she couldn't get along with the others long enough to stay at a station with them. She broke toys from 2 stations (ok, they were cheapie, but still) and has been a puddle of whine every.single.time. something has not gone her way.

Dcb3 has taken to telling me that he doesn't want to come here anymore. Fine, I get it, you'd rather be at the cottage (wouldn't we all?) but I don't need to hear 50 times a day that you don't want to be here. And he has resorted to language that is completely inappropriate and that I haven't seen since he started. Seriously? You know my rules.

Today is a new day.
Onawhim 04:17 AM 07-08-2015
Yes. I understand childcare is a large bill. I get that, if you think it's SO much money you are more then welcome to take in kids and make the "big bucks" as well. But remember I don't get sick days, paid vacation, if I get a sub in it costs me more then I'm paid, I work 50 hours a week. I have to take costs of food, supplies, lights, field trips etc out of my "big bucks". Dcm complained for 15 minutes about how expensive childcare is.
Play Care 05:12 AM 07-08-2015
Yes. I understand childcare is a large bill. I get that, if you think it's SO much money you are more then welcome to take in kids and make the "big bucks" as well. But remember I don't get sick days, paid vacation, if I get a sub in it costs me more then I'm paid, I work 50 hours a week. I have to take costs of food, supplies, lights, field trips etc out of my "big bucks". Dcm complained for 15 minutes about how expensive childcare is.
How rude!

What I find amusing is what parents expect to get for what they pay us...We are sending younger DD to a "camp" next week and they do a LOT with the kids (frankly more than I could ever hope to offer). It looks as though it will be a very busy, fun day. Buuuut it's more than double of what I charge for FT care...And it's only for SA kids. I'll admit I'm a bit jealous
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 07-08-2015
"Child care IS expensive but quality care is priceless"

My ONLY response. Repeated as necessary.
MsLisa 07:14 AM 07-08-2015
How rude!

What I find amusing is what parents expect to get for what they pay us...We are sending younger DD to a "camp" next week and they do a LOT with the kids (frankly more than I could ever hope to offer). It looks as though it will be a very busy, fun day. Buuuut it's more than double of what I charge for FT care...And it's only for SA kids. I'll admit I'm a bit jealous
As someone who sends 14-16 SA kids to their big fancy camp every morning....don't be jealous. Its not always what it appears. The kids tell me everything about the camp and not all of it is sugar and unicorns.....
These kids want to spend time with their parents more than anything. Sure these camps burn their little energies to E, do fun things and offer a lot... but they crave 1-on-1 interaction more. I've had kids fake sick not to go or tell me they want to stay with me cause they are tired of being shipped off. Its really sad sometimes.
stephanie 07:43 PM 07-08-2015
So dcg 15 mos is new to toddler room in the last couple of weeks. It's a long day for her, almost 10 hrs, and she gets fussy in the morning before nap and usually in the last hour of the day before she gets picked up.

Today was probably the worst, she cried CONSTANTLY and was only soothed by being picked up, and sometimes not even then! So obviously I can't hold her all day, and no other toy/activity was interesting to her, so I took the pacifier from the top of her cubby and gave it to her as a last resort after fussing and crying for 30+ mins.

Now Mom has never brought in a pacifier before and she hasn't used one since she started in the toddler room. I wasn't there when she was dropped off so I don't know if or what was said about it.

Mom comes in to pick up and says "Why do you have your nuk?" in an irritated voice. What?! Well if you didn't want her to have it WHY DID YOU BRING IT? Why do I have to spend all my time trying to soothe your child at the expense of the other kids? So I have to listen to crying and whining but you don't? It just irritates me when parents expect us to do all the hard work when I know they "give in" at home, i.e. want them in underwear at daycare but wear diapers at home

Not looking for advice or anything, this just frustrated me and I knew you all would understand!
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 07-09-2015
Originally Posted by stephanie:
So dcg 15 mos is new to toddler room in the last couple of weeks. It's a long day for her, almost 10 hrs, and she gets fussy in the morning before nap and usually in the last hour of the day before she gets picked up.

Today was probably the worst, she cried CONSTANTLY and was only soothed by being picked up, and sometimes not even then! So obviously I can't hold her all day, and no other toy/activity was interesting to her, so I took the pacifier from the top of her cubby and gave it to her as a last resort after fussing and crying for 30+ mins.

Now Mom has never brought in a pacifier before and she hasn't used one since she started in the toddler room. I wasn't there when she was dropped off so I don't know if or what was said about it.

Mom comes in to pick up and says "Why do you have your nuk?" in an irritated voice. What?! Well if you didn't want her to have it WHY DID YOU BRING IT? Why do I have to spend all my time trying to soothe your child at the expense of the other kids? So I have to listen to crying and whining but you don't? It just irritates me when parents expect us to do all the hard work when I know they "give in" at home, i.e. want them in underwear at daycare but wear diapers at home

Not looking for advice or anything, this just frustrated me and I knew you all would understand!
I know you aren't looking for advice but why did you keep the child for so long if she was that upset or whiney?

If a child was behaving that way and it was out of character for her (even if you know its because of her Nuk or not having it) then I would call for pick up.

Because you shouldn't have to listen to her kid cry and whine all day. ....and neither should the others.

Stop allowing the mom to dictate your day.

ANY time a child requires MORE care and attention than I am able to give, I will call for pick up. I will not sacrifice the sanity or safety of the other kids because of one child or one child's parents' choice.
Thriftylady 06:44 AM 07-09-2015
I know you aren't looking for advice but why did you keep the child for so long if she was that upset or whiney?

If a child was behaving that way and it was out of character for her (even if you know its because of her Nuk or not having it) then I would call for pick up.

Because you shouldn't have to listen to her kid cry and whine all day. ....and neither should the others.

Stop allowing the mom to dictate your day.

ANY time a child requires MORE care and attention than I am able to give, I will call for pick up. I will not sacrifice the sanity or safety of the other kids because of one child or one child's parents' choice.
I get the impression from the post the OP is at a center who likely won't allow her to send the child home. But in home daycare, I would!
Unregistered 11:46 AM 07-09-2015
OP (Stephanie) here, forgot to log in.

I should've clarified, it was the end of the day when she was crying constantly, about a half hour before she was going to be picked up, so I knew she would be going home soon anyway. If that hadn't been the case, I definitely would've called Mom! Usually dcg does well after her nap but in that last 30-45 minutes before she gets picked up sometimes it can get rough.

And PP, yep I work at a center. I won't see Mom again until Mon since dcg is part-time but on Mon I will ask about using the Nuk when she gets so fussy.
MsLisa 07:32 AM 07-10-2015
I let my boss know on Monday that my Assistant and I will be splitting our shifts to better accommodate our lives. Her to take mornings and I take the evenings. Being its just gathering kids and putting them off and on the summer camp bus, our numbers are under ratio and the kids are super well behaved. Me and my co-worker had it very well planned out and my boss was all for it. The only hiccup would be the gathering of the pre-k kids in the morning, as they need to be taken and watched for until the teachers come (7:30am to 8am) away from the SA kids. My boss said he would handle it and it will all work out.... Cool right?

WRONG! Today my co-worker asks the Pre-K teacher if they have all that figured out so that we don't have to worry about it come Monday. NOPE. She knew NOTHING about it. My boss had ALL WEEK to figure/talk/plan that out and chose to not deal with it till today, FRIDAY. WTF! I'm not going to leave my Assistant to deal with possible chaos on Monday so I told my boss forget it. Keep it all as is. I rather run a tight ship then put up with his inability to do basic things.

Sometimes I hate having a boss that's only 26. He blows so much smoke up my butt. I am a stickler for structure, order and having things run smoothly. My program is the best it's ever been and now I am sacrificing sleep and family time for it.
I can now see why no one ever makes it past a year.....
(My year mark is Oct.)

His solutions so far....open at 7am instead of 6:30am. Oh joy! A whole half hour. -eye roll-
Play Care 03:35 AM 07-15-2015
I am really low in the summer (which I plan for because I like lower numbers in the summer) However this summer I mainly have one family - three boys. The older two are very active and need lots of activity. The younger one is only 13 months...

I am constantly having to send the older two outside because even with set up/specific activity they are loud, and unable to keep still, on task, etc. I strongly suspect this will be the year that older boy is told to see the doc about some of his issues - his K teacher was hippy dippy so a lot of his K issues were blamed on her inability to deal with kids. This year he's having a battle axe of a teacher with a SPED background. I suspect his school honeymoon will be over
I can not have them here next year but need to find other kids to have - hard since I have mostly teachers kid...
MsLisa 07:52 AM 07-16-2015
My vacation starts Saturday (18th to the 25th) and I'm excited not to have work for a week....but it's also making me anxious.

I trust (for the most part) that my only assistant will handle everything with no problem. My boss will be in and out to help if she needs it. Our job is ridiculously simple so I shouldn't worry a bit.... I'm just so use to being there!

I'm the one the parents come to and know really well. I'm the one the kids call for, talk to, and favor. I am highly respected and run the room basically. They barely acknowledge her unless i'm in the bathroom, even then I hear "MS.LISA!!!" down the hall. How are the kids going to handle just her?

To hand my power over just for 5 days is making me soooo uncomfortable.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32  ... Last
Reply Up