Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Crazy Responses to Ads

What kinds of responses have you guys gotten to ads?

I just put my ad up today and oh my word. These people....

My ad is simple.

Monday - Friday 7:30 - 5:30
$175 a week
One infant postion (8 weeks - 12 months) available
*Not accepting applications for older children*

So far today I've gotten:

* "You gonna watch my kid for $125 a week."

* "I am interested in your childcare. I have a 9 week old little girl" (seemingly normal) "I also have 3 other kids, and I need care overnight. Would there be an additional fee for that?"

* "You don't provide diapers for home too? That's false advertising!" (I provide disposable diapers)

* "I only live about 15 minutes away. Can you pick me and the baby up and drop me off at work on your way home?" (Please tell me this was a joke)

Is this normal?
Old 05-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMonkeys View Post

My ad is simple.

$175 a week

* "I am interested in your childcare. I have a 9 week old little girl" (seemingly normal) "I also have 3 other kids, and I need care overnight. Would there be an additional fee for that?"

* "You don't provide diapers for home too? That's false advertising!" (I provide disposable diapers)

* "I only live about 15 minutes away. Can you pick me and the baby up and drop me off at work on your way home?" (Please tell me this was a joke)

Is this normal?
Lol omg. Happy Tuesday!!!!
Old 05-24-2016, 12:01 PM
thrivingchildcare.com

That was hilarious! Please send me a PM so I can ask your permission to use those as quotes. We all need a good laugh now and then.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

Those are too funny!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Too, too funny!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Daycare.com Member

These are hilarious. There are some days I want to remove my professional "filter" and respond with what I am really thinking. It would be something like, "You are someones future crazy dcp." Or, "I will be watching the forum for posts about you."
Old 05-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Trix are for kids

Those people are crazy!!

At least they are entertaining !
Old 05-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

It is definitely normal to have a few "trolls" and people who don't read the ad properly when it is first posted . I still think people who don't read the ad correctly need to reread it again without any distractions. Give the ad time and you will find someone who really needs the space for their baby (hopefully a very nice future dcp who does not act clueless ) .

Good luck though Im sure someone who is legitimate about needing care will respond
Old 05-24-2016, 04:29 PM
starting daycare someday

Wow
You will get someone who actually reads the ad someday.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom View Post
That was hilarious! Please send me a PM so I can ask your permission to use those as quotes. We all need a good laugh now and then.
by all means, feel free to use them however you would like!
Old 05-25-2016, 05:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

My ad is simple.

$175 a week

Is this normal?
Wow! Those are nuts. Seems like every time I advertise I get a few clueless calls, but those take the cake.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Smile

Quote:

My ad is simple.

$175 a week

Is this normal?
~WOW LOL! While I'm sure some of those are legitimate responses, no matter how clueless & inconsiderate they may seem, I'm also quite sure a couple or so were from folks trolling...or at least I hope so!
Old 05-25-2016, 06:28 PM
new provider

I've had people respond to my ad thinking I'm hiring for a position in my daycare even though it's clearly an ad for kids. Even if I were hiring I wouldn't hire you because obviously you can't read!
Old 05-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I had one answer a few years back that blew my mind.

She took the bus to work which was about 25 miles northwest from me. She could catch the bus a couple blocks south of me. She lived about 2 miles east of me.

She wanted me to pick her up at her house and take her to the bus stop. On the days that she didn't get off on time she wanted me to keep the child for an extra 2 hours after my closing. OR, if I wanted to "get off earlier" I could pick her up at work. Yeah, 45 mins there and 45 mins back. She also wanted me to take her and the baby home at night since it would be dark.

I had already passed on that one when she asked when it would be convenient for me to take her about 45 MILES east to fill out the paperwork for childcare subsidy because her dad and aunt were tired of driving her around.

Uh, never. I told her that I couldn't accommodate her needs. She called back twice forgetting she had already called me.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

We posted for a job and got a resume saying, "I'm on ssi and want a jib where I'm not using minimal movement and less movement to my hands"
Old 05-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I had one answer a few years back that blew my mind.

She took the bus to work which was about 25 miles northwest from me. She could catch the bus a couple blocks south of me. She lived about 2 miles east of me.

She wanted me to pick her up at her house and take her to the bus stop. On the days that she didn't get off on time she wanted me to keep the child for an extra 2 hours after my closing. OR, if I wanted to "get off earlier" I could pick her up at work. Yeah, 45 mins there and 45 mins back. She also wanted me to take her and the baby home at night since it would be dark.

I had already passed on that one when she asked when it would be convenient for me to take her about 45 MILES east to fill out the paperwork for childcare subsidy because her dad and aunt were tired of driving her around.

Uh, never. I told her that I couldn't accommodate her needs. She called back twice forgetting she had already called me.
Pretty sure you've got me beat.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

No matter how specifically I word it, each ad generates at least 3 or 4 calls asking about the job I posted. How do they read "one opening for 6 weeks to 4 year old child" as "I have one opening for a part time employee"?

Hubby says that unemployment requires a certain number of contacts each week. In this small town, they run out of places to call pretty fast. Anytime anything remotely business like appears, they all pounce on it.

I also got a pervy call wanting to know how much I would charge to change his diapers. shudder
Old 05-27-2016, 08:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

I get a lot of "pretty much raise my child" type of ads. One woman wanted a 5am drop off and 5:30 pick up, 5 days a week and absolutely no days off, vacations etc for the provider. Another said she "may" be able to pick up by 6 but some nights it would be closer to 1am
I had one who insisted dcb would come by taxi, and I would need to call the taxi to get him home (child was 1) that one I was just like are you kidding me?! No...no taxi drop offs what so ever and yeah she was MAD.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Daycare.com Member

God, these are appalling!
Would a taxi driver actually agree to pick up a 1 year old and take them to anywhere unaccompanied?
Old 05-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsup View Post
I had one who insisted dcb would come by taxi, and I would need to call the taxi to get him home (child was 1) that one I was just like are you kidding me?! No...no taxi drop offs what so ever and yeah she was MAD.
I had the same exact response! It has to be a prank of some sort.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:11 PM
new provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchimes View Post
No matter how specifically I word it, each ad generates at least 3 or 4 calls asking about the job I posted. How do they read "one opening for 6 weeks to 4 year old child" as "I have one opening for a part time employee"?

Hubby says that unemployment requires a certain number of contacts each week. In this small town, they run out of places to call pretty fast. Anytime anything remotely business like appears, they all pounce on it.

I also got a pervy call wanting to know how much I would charge to change his diapers. shudder
This happens all the time minus the perv
Old 05-29-2016, 04:22 AM
Unregistered

Scams:
>My name is Mary,I am hard hearing, We are moving to your area, I need a babysitter for my son and an errand at your own convenience time, with a start salary of $400 apply with your cell number for more details about the offer and the payments involved in the job..

Idiots:
>Still searching?
>>I do have space open. What are your needs?
>>>I think I misread your ad, I thought you were looking for child care/mentor

And never going to happen:
>Well I'm trying to go back 2 school and I was looking more for like 50 to 65 a week! She has a feeding tube as well
Old 05-30-2016, 10:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom View Post
God, these are appalling!
Would a taxi driver actually agree to pick up a 1 year old and take them to anywhere unaccompanied?
I really, really, hope not but I'm not sure
Old 05-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I had the same exact response! It has to be a prank of some sort.
That is interesting! I hadn't heard of people getting pranked/scammed etc that way before but the whole conversation just seemed "off" to me. The reply came from a Childcare group for our area from fb and typically the scams come from Craigslist (in my experience). Checked out the profile and it was a bit odd but not a big red flag as to "not legitimate" just enough to be like huh, this is...different. Going to be a bit more cautious here. Then the messages...and yeah it was very strange.

Tags
advertising