Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare

Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare Daycare.com Forum does not allow for advertising but if you are a member trying to Buy, Sell, or Lease a facility, we encourage you to use this thread. (Admin reserves the right to remove any post deemed unworthy)

Old 06-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Opening Day Care Center in Jersey City, NJ

Hello Everyone,

I m in need of all the help, and advice that I can get. I m in the works of helping my mother fulfill her life long dream of opening her own day care center. I read the manuals and is a little overwhelming and confusing. my mother is not much help since she is very negative about everything which is the reason why I took matters into my own hands to help her do it, therefore she knows everything there is to know about daycares, not too clear of all the ins, and outs of opening one, and while she answers some of my questions with excitement she kills it for me most of the time. don't get me wrong she is thrill and would absolutely love having her own daycare center, she just doest have the gut to fail, or to deal with any setbacks.

ok my questions are the following;

do you know if in the state of NJ you are able to open a daycare where there used to be a pizzeria? my mother mentioned something about not being allowed where there was a laundry, but we are not sure about pizzerias.

I was looking at budgets and is hard to make any profits if I have to hire a teacher with a bachelor which is only required for children of school age, please correct me if I misunderstood this. can you please also clarify what is consider a kid of school age?

as far of getting approval can you please mention common mistakes people make? I want to avoid having several visits and getting approved as fast as possible therefore, I would like to get it right within the second visit if not the first.

any tips or anything I should be looking at?

thank you very much!!
Old 06-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlrodriguez1 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I m in need of all the help, and advice that I can get. I m in the works of helping my mother fulfill her life long dream of opening her own day care center. I read the manuals and is a little overwhelming and confusing. my mother is not much help since she is very negative about everything which is the reason why I took matters into my own hands to help her do it, therefore she knows everything there is to know about daycares, not too clear of all the ins, and outs of opening one, and while she answers some of my questions with excitement she kills it for me most of the time. don't get me wrong she is thrill and would absolutely love having her own daycare center, she just doest have the gut to fail, or to deal with any setbacks.

ok my questions are the following;

do you know if in the state of NJ you are able to open a daycare where there used to be a pizzeria? my mother mentioned something about not being allowed where there was a laundry, but we are not sure about pizzerias.

I was looking at budgets and is hard to make any profits if I have to hire a teacher with a bachelor which is only required for children of school age, please correct me if I misunderstood this. can you please also clarify what is consider a kid of school age?

as far of getting approval can you please mention common mistakes people make? I want to avoid having several visits and getting approved as fast as possible therefore, I would like to get it right within the second visit if not the first.

any tips or anything I should be looking at?

thank you very much!!
Here is the link to NJ licensing.

You may be able to find all your answers there. If not, it does list contact info so that you can call the correct offices and ask.

http://www.daycare.com/newjersey/

Tags
daycare - experience, daycare - law, daycare - location, opening a center, opening new daycare