Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Fingerprinting Red Flag (for a Sub)

I'm signed out for my sub's privacy.

I have been using a sub I really love and trust that came highly recommended to me for the last few months for appointment coverage. She's been great. She was fully approved by the state before starting. She also works at other child care facilities and home day cares.

I just received a call from licensing that "something came up with her fingerprinting" and she needs to go in for some kind of safety assessment or screening. They couldn't tell me more than (a) she can keep subbing and nothing indicates it is unsafe she cares for children alone and (b) I can ask her but they can't tell me the issue.

I immediately reached out to my sub, but I haven't heard back yet (this was only about 30 minutes ago). I do have her scheduled to sub while I'm at an appointment I can't move later this week.

Does anyone have an experience with this sort of situation? Any thoughts on what the issue may be? Would you proceed with subbing? At this point I'd have to close if she doesn't cover, which feels a bit rash; however, I also want to make a smart choice. I just have so little information!

Thank you!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:41 AM
starting daycare someday

First step, which you did, is ask her about it. The "something came up with her fingerprinting" could mean anything, so until you have more information, you can't really make any big decisions. I would wait for her reply and go from there, based on her reply, or lack of, and how long it takes her to reply.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
First step, which you did, is ask her about it. The "something came up with her fingerprinting" could mean anything, so until you have more information, you can't really make any big decisions. I would wait for her reply and go from there, based on her reply, or lack of, and how long it takes her to reply.
That's really helpful. That phone call made me super anxious, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

If it were serious I imagine she would have lost sub approval. The fact she can still sub suggests a minor issue. When my sub first started they were still doing paper and ink fingerprinting, and it kept coming back "incomplete" because they couldn't get a good read.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
If it were serious I imagine she would have lost sub approval. The fact she can still sub suggests a minor issue. When my sub first started they were still doing paper and ink fingerprinting, and it kept coming back "incomplete" because they couldn't get a good read.
This is what I'm hoping. It seems so weird because she has been cleared for a few months and now something popped up. She also hasn't returned my texts, which is strange for her, so I'm starting to wonder...

Fingers crossed it is nothing big!
Old 08-02-2016, 06:30 AM
starting daycare someday

"She also hasn't returned my texts, which is strange for her, so I'm starting to wonder... "

Uh oh. That's not a good sign. For her sake, hopefully there's a reason for the delay. I'd be crossing fingers by now too. If it is something bad, better to find out now than later, but if it has anything to do with children's safety, they wouldn't have said "she can keep subbing and nothing indicates it is unsafe she cares for children alone".
Old 08-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Have you called her? When I worked at a bank, my finger prints get getting denied because they couldn't get a clear copy. this is before the digital prints, but they ended up finger printing me three times! But they never cleared me until they had the clear prints.

I'm wondering if your assistant did something after she started that they want to question her about? But it seems odd that they would let her keep working. That makes me think that the prints werent clear or they lost a copy of something of hers for jer file?
Old 08-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
Have you called her? When I worked at a bank, my finger prints get getting denied because they couldn't get a clear copy. this is before the digital prints, but they ended up finger printing me three times! But they never cleared me until they had the clear prints.

I'm wondering if your assistant did something after she started that they want to question her about? But it seems odd that they would let her keep working. That makes me think that the prints werent clear or they lost a copy of something of hers for jer file?
I'm guessing it is something that came up after the fact? Your thinking is making me feel better! I still haven't heard back from her, which is weird, but the reality is she isn't on call. I hope it is just a weird coincidence. It is so hard to find a great sub!
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Help posting

Sorry, not trying to hijack your post, but can anyone tell me how I can make my item post? I can't figure it out. Lol.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
Sorry, not trying to hijack your post, but can anyone tell me how I can make my item post? I can't figure it out. Lol.
At the top of the list of forum threads on the page, (far left) there is a button that says new thread. Click that button to start a new post of your own.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:58 AM
thrivingchildcare.com

I totally agree! Licensing tends to over-react to some things (my opinion) so if it were a really big deal I think they would ask you to pull her.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

If you like and trust her and licensing said she's OK to sub I'd let her sub.

IMO, as long as it's not something that affects her position as your sub it's really not your business. Although I'd be curious too!

I wonder why licensing contacted you if it doesn't affect her ability to sub. That seems like a breach of confidentiality to me.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

I hope the OP comes back and lets us know the outcome.

Tags
substitute