Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Forms - Uploads

Forms - Uploads Sample forms that members upload so that others can use. Note: Please do not upload copyrighted material. Original Content only.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Post Termination of DCK Because of Licensing

Hi everyone
I need to terminate my contract with a family that I watch their 2/12 and 7 mth. I am over my ratio and have to terminate ASAP. What is the best way to do do it. It is breaking my heart. Help please.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Angry Termination because of compliance

I need to terminate ASAP because of licensing
Old 11-10-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaudisnest View Post
I need to terminate ASAP because of licensing
I would just say that. ^^

Dear DCF

Unfortunately, due to licensing ratio requirements I am no longer able to provide services to you. The last day I am able to provide care is XX November #, 2017.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Provider

I am guessing due to the urgency of this situation that you were caught over ratio and licensing is basically giving you X amount of time to "fix" it?
Old 11-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Termination

Yes I have to do it right away. I have had them for 21/5 year.
I know they will be upset and mad
Old 11-10-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaudisnest View Post
Yes I have to do it right away. I have had them for 21/5 year.
I know they will be upset and mad
It's unfortunate for them and while I understand they will be upset, you can't really blame them. Following ratios is a licensing requirement and honestly this situation was completely avoidable.

If they are upset and angry at you, they have a right to be. It's not their fault you choose to operate over ratios.

I'm not trying to make you feel any worse than you probably already do but this is definitely one situation where the family has every right to be ticked.

Hoping they take it well.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
It's unfortunate for them and while I understand they will be upset, you can't really blame them. Following ratios is a licensing requirement and honestly this situation was completely avoidable.

If they are upset and angry at you, they have a right to be. It's not their fault you choose to operate over ratios.

I'm not trying to make you feel any worse than you probably already do but this is definitely one situation where the family has every right to be ticked.

Hoping they take it well.
yup.

If possible, can you let another family go instead of three children? How many kids are you over?

Tags
provider responsibility, ratios