Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking For Light Table Accessories
Josiegirl 02:29 AM 01-03-2018
I've searched amazon, constructive playthings and lakeshore. Most sets are either expensive or not safe for toddlers. I bought a set from Lakeshore that can be played with 6 mo and up but they're getting tired of those. I was going to buy Pyramid Stackers but I don't want to spend that much. Then I saw alphabet letters but it says for ages 3-6. I have a 15 mo that plays right along with the 3-4 yos.
Any other ideas? THANKS!!
daycarediva 03:28 AM 01-03-2018
I have the alphabet and number set for the light table and they're huge. Definitely fine for all kids. I also have the color swatches, and magnatiles are great on the light table, too.

We also do a lot of ziploc bag things so the light will shine through.

I also put plain paper and laminated things (letters, shapes, whatever) with colored pencils to trace.
Josiegirl 04:05 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have the alphabet and number set for the light table and they're huge. Definitely fine for all kids. I also have the color swatches, and magnatiles are great on the light table, too.

We also do a lot of ziploc bag things so the light will shine through.

I also put plain paper and laminated things (letters, shapes, whatever) with colored pencils to trace.
Oh I never thought of the tracing idea! My dad, I remember, taught me to trace pictures by holding paper up to the windows! Thanks so much!! And now I'll go order the numbers/letters. The way they talked they're choking hazards.
Josiegirl 02:22 AM 01-13-2018
As with so many ideas I search for, I ended up at Pinterest and oh my goodness.....such fun stuff! So I started searching around my home for things I already have and came up with a bunch of things such as stencil patterns, toss away cups, and I can't wait to go to the Dollar Tree later this weekend!
This light table is one of the best things I could've bought and wish I had gotten one years ago. We play with it at least 3 days a week and it's one of the few things everyone can play with and not fight about. Even my 7 mo baby is in awe of it. Dcm thanked me for having such cool things for him to play with after she shared a pic she took of him playing with it.
Reply Up