Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Kids That Talk Like a Baby

You guys, I cannot take it. I have sisters in my care. Ages 4 and almost 6. They have this new talking like a baby thing they do. All.The.Time. I tell them to speak normal and they do but then they go right back to baby talk. I have talked to the parents who seem to not give a crap. I told them it is ridiculous and annoying. It irritates the heck out of me. The girls are not stopped from doing it by the parents. What would you guys do? Not much annoys me but this, this makes my brains leak from my ears.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Tell them you don't understand them EVERY time they talk that way. "I don't know what you're saying Suzy" "Mandy, can you talk like a big girl?"
Also, the parents don't care because when the kids are with you, they are your problem.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Every time my kid comes home from school she is baby talking. It is soooooo annoying! I just tell her to stop it because she is not a baby. She stops thankfully. If it was a DCK I would tell them to stop and if they didn’t, start treating them like babies. Give them baby cups, baby spoons, they can only play with baby toys etc. This could backfire though if they like to pretend they’re babies so you know best if this would work. They might think it is fun the first day but not if it continues. Otherwise ignore them until they talk in a normal voice.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Lover of all things B&W

We have a little girl (5yrs) that does this. She plays "cutsie" and it drives me bonkers! We used to say "use a big girl voice" and she would fix it ever time, but it didn't really fix the main problem. So recently we started saying "No you may no, because you are not talking like a big girl" Instead of her just correcting it that time, it got her to stop it (mostly) over all.