Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-2018, 09:46 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,823
Default Renewal Headache with Assured Child Care

Is there a daycare insurance company that doesn't make you fill out a new application every year at renewal. Because I'm pretty sure that I screw it up every year. I just want it to roll over and choose "yes" for renew like I do for my care insurance and renter's insurance every year. The renewal application is in a different format with slightly different verbage than my certificate of insurance, which alway makes me feel like I'm probably translating it over to the new app wrong. This is rediculous. I shouldn't have to fill everything out all over again if I don't want anything to change. And they can "walk me through it" over the phone, but only during daycare hours....with a heavily accented rep that I can't understand with all of the background noise I have going on here.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2018, 11:33 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwichlaz View Post
Is there a daycare insurance company that doesn't make you fill out a new application every year at renewal. Because I'm pretty sure that I screw it up every year. I just want it to roll over and choose "yes" for renew like I do for my care insurance and renter's insurance every year. The renewal application is in a different format with slightly different verbage than my certificate of insurance, which alway makes me feel like I'm probably translating it over to the new app wrong. This is rediculous. I shouldn't have to fill everything out all over again if I don't want anything to change. And they can "walk me through it" over the phone, but only during daycare hours....with a heavily accented rep that I can't understand with all of the background noise I have going on here.
When DCI stopped servicing my state a few years ago, I went with Assure and the one thing I liked was their customer service....talked with them multiple times before enrolling. Have been with them several years now and they just send me a link to renew closer to renewal time....Maybe my form is different than yours but I don't have any issues...just the coverage amounts, etc. Make a note which parts you are confused about so maybe you could avoid going through the entire form which would make things quicker. Up to this point, Assure customer service has been awesome when I have called them. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Daycare Insurance's Avatar
Daycare Insurance Daycare Insurance is offline
Daycare.com Media Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Encino, California
Posts: 88
Default

Most companies will make you fill out a renewal application. The reason for this is that the child care industry is a high risk class of business, and providers often make changes to their business model. While your business might not change from year to year, for many providers it does. They apply for larger licenses, their enrollment changes, incidents occur, etc. DCI is currently working on rolling out a new system where providers will be able to apply online, and it will be much faster and more efficient. Providers will still have to fill out the renewal application every year, but the system will walk them through it.
__________________
DC Insurance Services, Inc.
(800) 624-0912
www.dcins.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2018, 10:54 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
When DCI stopped servicing my state a few years ago, I went with Assure and the one thing I liked was their customer service....talked with them multiple times before enrolling. Have been with them several years now and they just send me a link to renew closer to renewal time....Maybe my form is different than yours but I don't have any issues...just the coverage amounts, etc. Make a note which parts you are confused about so maybe you could avoid going through the entire form which would make things quicker. Up to this point, Assure customer service has been awesome when I have called them. Good luck
It is the online renewal form. But it asks questions that arenít answered by my current insurance paperwork. And I can never remember how I answered last time. They also confuse easily. They nearly didnít renew me last year because Iím licensed for 8, but have 12 enrolled. The rep contacted me and couldnít seem to wrap her brain around the fact that I have 12 enrolled, but only 6or7 attending at a time most days, never more than 8. I had to draw a graph, scan it, and email it to her.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2018, 10:55 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,823
Default

Iíve dowloaded DCIís paper form. And what I like, is that I could probably leave the date and signature blank after I fill it out, and make a few copies. Just sign and date it each year to send in :P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2018, 10:56 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance View Post
Most companies will make you fill out a renewal application. The reason for this is that the child care industry is a high risk class of business, and providers often make changes to their business model. While your business might not change from year to year, for many providers it does. They apply for larger licenses, their enrollment changes, incidents occur, etc. DCI is currently working on rolling out a new system where providers will be able to apply online, and it will be much faster and more efficient. Providers will still have to fill out the renewal application every year, but the system will walk them through it.
Thatís understandable. Car insurance needs often change as well. I donít see a reason you couldnít have the same question that car insurance renewals start with... ďHave their been any changes?Ē And if the answer is ďnoĒ then the form fills itself out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
insurance

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Am Sick Of Sick Kids Coming In mickey2 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 26 02-01-2018 01:28 PM
I Need Your Help!!!!!! mia Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 19 02-03-2016 01:23 PM
Looking for some advertising ideas. Letspretend Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 05-18-2015 07:45 PM
Handbook Help Nebula Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 15 11-09-2013 08:04 AM
Child Care Facts Blackcat31 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 0 08-24-2012 10:29 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming