Go Back Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:38 PM
mamamanda mamamanda is online now Member
Default Bathroom Procedures

What is your procedure like for bathroom breaks? Do you go as a group or just as needed? Do you allow more than one kid in the restroom at a time? I'm guess I'm just wondering what other providers' routine looks like.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:43 PM
storybookending storybookending is online now Member

Right now I only have two that are potty trained and they just go when they need to, one at a time. They are at the age where they donít need reminders or anything and know when itís time to stop and go. I do make the use the bathroom right before nap and before we go outside.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:27 PM

We use the restroom between activities. Of course, the door is open if anyone needs to use the bathroom outside of transition times.

The kids clean up whatever they were doing and form a line for the bathroom. One at a time in the bathroom. Bathroom door stays open. (bathroom is set up so no one can see anyone else)

The littles that require my assistance go last so I am free to assist them. Out of 10 kids in underwear, only 2 really require any assistance from me.

The rest of the kids can all use the bathroom and wash their hands without my assistance or physical presence.

When each child is finished using the bathroom they go to the main group area and "give me 5" signaling they are ready to begin the next activity.

bathroom - issues, bathroom procedures