Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Ro Holland's Avatar
Ro Holland Ro Holland is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4
Default Need Advice to Improvise Daycare Software

Hi,
I have been working with my daycare teacher, an online software to help her with postings, menu, etc. However, I am looking for guidance, feedback from other expert daycare teachers in what problems they are facing with existing softwares. I realize there are many softwares that assist daycare teachers and instead of reinventing the wheel, I want to tackle issues that teachers face and use that as my requirement. I also realize that many softwares make money or tack extra fees for add-ons which I think is unfair. I plan on providing all features/functionalities for one low fee.

There are lot of excellent and exceptional daycare teachers doing awesome job and if I can create something that may help teachers make their job just a little bit easier, I will consider I have done something meaningful. If you use existing daycare software such as lifcubby, etc which support making daily postings, online portfolios, email reports, images, videos, menus, health information, timesheet, etc, I would like to know if you are completely satisfied with the software or there's something left to be desired.
I am not looking to make a lot of money, just help wonderful teachers who take care of our children and help them to succeed in this wonderful world. I am blessed to have a wonderful daycare teacher and I consider my daughter smart due to what she learns at her daycare.

I do plan on creating beta version and I plan on giving free software access on trial basis. This software will end up saving money in the long run by saving miscellaneous expenses.

If you think you want to reach out to me personally, please contact me at
I appreciate all your help, feedback, and any kind of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ro Holland

Last edited by Blackcat31; 11-10-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2015, 07:02 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Holland View Post
Hi,
I have been working with my daycare teacher, an online software to help her with postings, menu, etc. However, I am looking for guidance, feedback from other expert daycare teachers in what problems they are facing with existing softwares. I realize there are many softwares that assist daycare teachers and instead of reinventing the wheel, I want to tackle issues that teachers face and use that as my requirement. I also realize that many softwares make money or tack extra fees for add-ons which I think is unfair. I plan on providing all features/functionalities for one low fee.

There are lot of excellent and exceptional daycare teachers doing awesome job and if I can create something that may help teachers make their job just a little bit easier, I will consider I have done something meaningful. If you use existing daycare software such as lifcubby, etc which support making daily postings, online portfolios, email reports, images, videos, menus, health information, timesheet, etc, I would like to know if you are completely satisfied with the software or there's something left to be desired.
I am not looking to make a lot of money, just help wonderful teachers who take care of our children and help them to succeed in this wonderful world. I am blessed to have a wonderful daycare teacher and I consider my daughter smart due to what she learns at her daycare.

I do plan on creating beta version and I plan on giving free software access on trial basis. This software will end up saving money in the long run by saving miscellaneous expenses.

If you think you want to reach out to me personally, please contact me at roholland6@gmail.com

I appreciate all your help, feedback, and any kind of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ro Holland
You are in a very long line.....

Here are several other threads about this topic.

http://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=software

Most of the threads are asking the same thing as you are asking and most threads have some awesome responses/input and feedback from providers so you should be able to find what you are looking for within those threads.

Just a word of advice... one of the software creators has developed an awesome platform for providers based on the feedback he received and because he based his software off of provider input, he offered the use of his program to providers for FREE.

So unless you can beat FREE....you are going to have some major competition.

Good luck! Hoping the threads in the link can help you out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Ro Holland's Avatar
Ro Holland Ro Holland is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4
Default Thank you Blackcat31

Blackcat31,
Appreciate your response and the wonderful thread provided. I am going to go through them and see what I can decipher and create as my requirement.
Since this forum is going to be very helpful, I am definitely going to consider providing completely free accounts for certain providers for the software life.

I would love to hear from you or other wonderful providers on what if there is one thing that is really needed, would that be.

If there are daycare providers who would love to get free membership and provide me with feedback or opinion on how I can improvise the software, I would love to hear from them at roholland6@gmail.com

Appreciate once again. Bless USA.

Ro Holland
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Ro Holland's Avatar
Ro Holland Ro Holland is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4
Default Invitation to Child Care Note Software

Thank you Blackcate31.

I have been working with our daycare provider to create an online program to help with postings, images, etc. I need assistance from few daycare providers to use the program at www.childcarenote.com. The daycare providers can create student accounts, creating postings and publish or save as draft for future submission, send multiple images, pictures, etc. All I need is feedback, guidance, ideas to make this software better and enhance the quality of the software by making it as simplistic as possible. Please note that there are few enhancements being made to the software.

I will give the first 20 who email me with a free membership. We are just looking for providers to test our website and provide feedback to help our business grow.

Among many features that this site contains includes;
1) Postings (both instant submission, and draft submission for future publication)
2) Images, Attachments of any kind of files with no restriction
3) Check In/ Check Out
4) Adding your own menu.
5) Diaper change timeline
6) send personal notes about payments to students accounts via email notification.

You can also create reports with some of these features.

Providers will have complete access to the software with no interruptions. I am always available to answer any questions, or issues providers face with the software.

I do not need any credit card information, or any other personal information. All I need is the name, email id, and I will create an account and send login info. Please login, start using the system and change your password information. I am available to provide step by step process, collect any bugs, issues that is noticed, and implement changes to the software to make it simplistic.

The website is compatible with smartphones, tablets, or any internet browsers. It is also mobile friendly.

Please be mindful that you do not post anything that is insensitive, illegal, or insulting to others. I can be reached at rholland@childcarenote.com or roholland06@gmail.com for any questions.

Thank you,
Rose Holland
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2018, 12:16 PM
ratt2703's Avatar
ratt2703 ratt2703 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Just a word of advice... one of the software creators has developed an awesome platform for providers based on the feedback he received and because he based his software off of provider input, he offered the use of his program to providers for FREE.
I know this is very old but does he still have the program up and running and does anyone have a link to it? I am just getting started and really need a good place to record all my info in to
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2018, 01:13 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratt2703 View Post
I know this is very old but does he still have the program up and running and does anyone have a link to it? I am just getting started and really need a good place to record all my info in to
I am not sure as I no longer use the program I specifically mentioned above.

A good place to enter your information and track expenses is Kid Kare. Most providers have access to it via their food program agency. You can purchase it too...although I don't have any idea what the cost is.

Another option depending on what you are looking to do is check out Brightwheel. Alot of providers use it and like it alot. I am sure there are others but that's all I got right now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM
ratt2703's Avatar
ratt2703 ratt2703 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5
Default

Ok thank you so much. I have been fighting with excel all day trying to get the right time sheet to work and I can't get any of them to round to the nearest 1/4 hour. lol I will check those out thank you again!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratt2703 View Post
Ok thank you so much. I have been fighting with excel all day trying to get the right time sheet to work and I can't get any of them to round to the nearest 1/4 hour. lol I will check those out thank you again!!
Are you wanting to track your own income/expenses or are you wanting to track daycare kids' and stuff relating to them and your program?

Brightwheel is good for tracking daycare kid activities and communicating with parents but I don't know how it is in regards to accounting features.

I also know that a few providers use Quickbooks for accounting.

Here are a couple other threads about accounting and daycare software https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ycare+software
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2018, 01:48 PM
ratt2703's Avatar
ratt2703 ratt2703 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5
Default

I need to track hours and round them to the nearest 1/4 hour for billing purposes.
I will check those out thank you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
childcare, daycare, kid kare, software, software computer, software for daycares

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Licensed DayCare vs. Private DayCare marylmr Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 45 09-16-2017 07:50 AM
Termination Gone Wrong MsKara Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 107 03-11-2015 02:09 PM
I Am Thinking Of Starting A Daycare. I Been Looking Around The Daycare Forum.. TGPII Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 07-21-2014 12:19 PM
Need Advice On Daycare Deposits FCCProvider Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 13 07-24-2013 08:24 PM
New Beginnings! - Growing Daycare Needs Advice PJEmmons Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 11-25-2009 03:55 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming