Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Aggressive 2yo

I have a large (size of a 3yo) DCB2 who has always had a tendency to be rough . It as been minimal and manageable until last week. He is pulling, kicking, hitting my other toddlers if they have a toy he wants. He is great when there aren't littler kids than him here. I have done timeouts, which haven't worked. The minute he gets up he pulls on someone. The last 2 days I have put him in a PNP with a stuffed animals and board books. My other toddlers keep going up to him and playing through the walls. I moved him so he can hear the play now but can't see and none of this phases him. The moment he comes out he starts up again.

I LOVE this family and DCB has been sweet, fun, listens, etc until this. I only have my DC for 3 more months and want to stick it out with him. I also want to do what i can to train this out of him so the next provider (a friend of mine) doesn't have to deal with this.

Tips?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

What are the dcps saying/doing about his behavior?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

He is an only child so doesn't display at home. this weekend he did do it to one that visited his house though. They redirected and if he wanted a certain toy they made him share, whether he shared the toy he wanted or a different toy I am not sure. that was the first time he did it with mom.

Tags
2 year old, aggressive behavior, behavior problems, terrible 2's