Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My No Call, No Show, No Pay Parent
Logged Out 03:50 PM 07-12-2012
I'm logged out. Some of you may remember my post about the parent who wanted her part-time child to come an additional day (due to an absence for fun purposes) for free.
Upon not accommodating that request, the tuition payment was not paid. The following day, I attached my late fee.
The day after that, the child was a no call/no show (June 27). That day I had written up a 2 week term notice that they received. That evening I received text messages along the lines of "You do this job for the money. Do you even like kids?"

This evening (2 weeks and 1 day later) I receive a text message acting like she was never terminated. I'm seriously baffled.
JenNJ 05:55 PM 07-12-2012
Certified letter demanding payment.
momma2girls 06:04 PM 07-12-2012
Let us know what happened!
texascare 06:53 AM 07-13-2012
Keep us posted!
MN Day Mom 06:59 AM 07-13-2012
What was she texting you about? Wanting care?
SilverSabre25 07:24 AM 07-13-2012
I do NOT understand why people think we shouldn't care about money and getting paid...I really, really cannot fathom that line of thinking! I choose this particular job because I love children just as some people become vets because they love animals but at the end of the day it's still a job and we still want paid...people (as a whole) are just so damn weird sometimes.
Blackcat31 07:39 AM 07-13-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I do NOT understand why people think we shouldn't care about money and getting paid...I really, really cannot fathom that line of thinking! I choose this particular job because I love children just as some people become vets because they love animals but at the end of the day it's still a job and we still want paid...people (as a whole) are just so damn weird sometimes.
Um, yeah why would anyone want to work for free? Child care is my job ($$$) NOT my hobby.

Even the IRS defines it that way....
cash income = job
no income or loss = hobby
saved4always 05:57 PM 07-13-2012
Originally Posted by Logged Out:
I'm logged out. Some of you may remember my post about the parent who wanted her part-time child to come an additional day (due to an absence for fun purposes) for free.
Upon not accommodating that request, the tuition payment was not paid. The following day, I attached my late fee.
The day after that, the child was a no call/no show (June 27). That day I had written up a 2 week term notice that they received. That evening I received text messages along the lines of "You do this job for the money. Do you even like kids?"

This evening (2 weeks and 1 day later) I receive a text message acting like she was never terminated. I'm seriously baffled.
I kind of think most people do thier jobs for the money. Actually liking or loving your job is just a bonus.
brookeroo 12:17 PM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
I kind of think most people do thier jobs for the money. Actually liking or loving your job is just a bonus.

This chick sounds like the psycho I had contact me from Craigslist about my ad. She must be looking!

I had this lady email me asking to take her two "part-time" kids 9 hours a day for 4 days a week. She continued saying her current sitter only charged her $75.00 a week for both of them. (YEAH RIGHT!!) I told her I would not be able to commit to her due to her expectations.

She ends up calling my phone number since it was listed on my (full time) Craigslist ad and asks to set up an interview. She asks me if I can give her a discounted rate. I didn't realize this was the same person I spoke with in the email until I went back through them after her phone call. She mentioned on the phone that she was charged $95 for both "part time" kids. Again I told her I would not be able to commit to her unless she paid $185 for both combined which would include my discount for full time multi child... she gets all ticked off at me and we end the conversation.

This wack job continues to call me at least 4 more times of which I stopped answering her phone calls. I know people say daycare is expensive...while I understand that at the same time I don't understand why they expect us to do these jobs making less than what we can live off of. Not to mention... if you asked half these people to do this job they would say "HELL NO!!!"
dave4him 04:24 PM 07-18-2012
One of my parents acts like im asking to much when i charge her 90$ a week for 12 hours of care, of course her nephew takes up a full time spot so i dont think its too much to expect. He is there from 2-6:20 three days a week and always wants dinner since its so late, and of course i feed him some
DaisyMamma 06:42 PM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
VERY true!

Just ignore her and/or send her a bill.
Tags:no pay, no show, non-payment
Reply Up