Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions on Software
Taking care 11:09 AM 05-01-2010
Hi All, I'm new to the daycare business and need some advice on which software program to purchase.

I've heard software can help manage the day to day activities, and there are several programs available. Are there recommendation on which program is the industry standard/best to choose?

I think I'm willing to spend good money on software if it helps me manage my activity schedules, billing, marketing etc.

Thanks for all your help!
originalkat 07:48 PM 05-02-2010
I use Minute Menu Kids and I think it is a great program. You do need an internet connection because it is online (no software to install other than a download). It covers food menus, accounting, expenses, tax forms, attendance, time/space percentage and more.
emosks 07:54 AM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I use Minute Menu Kids and I think it is a great program. You do need an internet connection because it is online (no software to install other than a download). It covers food menus, accounting, expenses, tax forms, attendance, time/space percentage and more.
Yep! Even my accountant is VERY impressed with MM. It's less work for her which means less money out of my account to pay her at the end of the year!! We bought ours through the food program for only $10.25 and that's all I'll ever have to pay for it. It's worth it!!
misol 08:48 AM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by emosks:
Yep! Even my accountant is VERY impressed with MM. It's less work for her which means less money out of my account to pay her at the end of the year!! We bought ours through the food program for only $10.25 and that's all I'll ever have to pay for it. It's worth it!!
I will have to side with the others and put in my vote for Minute Menu. A couple months ago I did some research on daycare software and narrowed it down to 3 programs. I did a trial period for all 3 and ultimately decided on Minute Menu. I don't use it for managing activity schedules although it does have that capability. There were several other programs that were more expensive that offered tons more features than Minute Menu however, once I went through the free trials and demo versions of the software, I found that all the "extras" were overwhelming and WAY more than I would ever need for my home daycare. I highly recommend Minute Menu. It has helped me tremendously and I am very pleased overall. I certainly wish I had had it when I first started though because having to enter months worth of data at a time was not fun
originalkat 09:44 AM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
I will have to side with the others and put in my vote for Minute Menu. A couple months ago I did some research on daycare software and narrowed it down to 3 programs. I did a trial period for all 3 and ultimately decided on Minute Menu. I don't use it for managing activity schedules although it does have that capability. There were several other programs that were more expensive that offered tons more features than Minute Menu however, once I went through the free trials and demo versions of the software, I found that all the "extras" were overwhelming and WAY more than I would ever need for my home daycare. I highly recommend Minute Menu. It has helped me tremendously and I am very pleased overall. I certainly wish I had had it when I first started though because having to enter months worth of data at a time was not fun
Yes...keep up with your data entry because it is very tedious to do if you have to input a lot all at once!
Taking care 08:31 AM 05-12-2010
Thanks for letting me know about minute menu, this helps me narrow down my research.

I'm not really sure how much of a priority software is with all of the other things that I have to do. Does everyone find that getting a solid program is good to focus on?
bre1313 09:04 AM 05-12-2010
minute menu I looked at 4+ other ones. I dont' have to spend 40 hours trying to learn the system.
Tags:business, daycare, efficient, managing, software
Reply Up