Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What in the World?!
CheerMom15 11:44 AM 10-29-2019
This morning, when one of my dcb6 arrives, dcm gets him out of the car, and carries him to the door- this isn’t unusual, she ALWAYS carries him to the door. I think it’s ridiculous, but it’s not a big enough deal to me to say something to her about it.

So she carries him to the door and says, “he’s dead to the world.” I just kind of laughed and she said, “No, seriously, he’s asleep. I can’t get him to wake up.” I ask her if he’s alive and she says well, he’s breathing. My 12 year old daughter asked if he was in a coma, and dcm says she’s starting to wonder because he won’t wake up.
So dcm sits him in a chair at the table and begins taking off his jacket, his head falls back and bumps the back of the chair- no response from dcb at all! So I’m thinking what in the world is wrong with this child and as dcm is trying to get him to wake up, I position myself to where she can’t get out the door because I’m not going to let her leave until he wakes up. I’m not about to be held responsible for whatever is going on with him.
He finally did wake up, smiled at his mom, but seemed disoriented for a few minutes.
Dcm says he fell asleep at 8pm after playing hard. So he slept all night, she went to wake him up and couldn’t wake him up, she dressed him for school like a ‘rag doll’, then put him in the car, buckled him in, drive to my house, unbuckled him, carried him inside, sat him in a chair, his head bumps the back of the chair and she still couldn’t wake him up! Anyone else find this crazy? I‘ve never seen anything like it. And the fact that when my daughter asked if he was in a coma and her response was I’m beginning to wonder seems odd to me too. If I had any part of me wonder if my child was in a coma, I wouldn’t be taking them to daycare- we’d be going to the hospital to figure out why they won’t wake up!
I checked with a friend who works at the school and she said he is acting fine now, so that’s good, but I’m still wondering what would cause him to be out cold like that.
Snowmom 12:05 PM 10-29-2019
**LIABILITY**

^ That's me screaming there.

This is the perfect example of why every child should be coming into daycare walking freely and of their own volition.
Awake, prepared for the day and conscious/healthy/coherent/free from substances... because I refuse to go to jail for a parent.
rosieteddy 12:17 PM 10-29-2019
Nope would not have taken him.I would be sending home a letter tonight.It would say exactly what last commenter said.Child should be coherent walking talking and ready for the day.Shame on that parent putting you on the spot.
DaveA 12:23 PM 10-29-2019
Something seems very off with DCM's actions. At very least DCM needs to understand that that never happens again and you won't accept a child unless they are alert and oriented. I'm not sure they would be enrolled with me much longer. I would document this thoroughly.
Cat Herder 12:27 PM 10-29-2019
My concerns would be cold/fever-reducing medications, an unrecognized head bleed or ingestion of narcotics. Sure, he could have simply snuck out of bed and played Legos until 4 am. I am glad you made her stay until he woke up fully. I would definitely document it, though.
Ariana 12:40 PM 10-29-2019
Pretty sure I would have called 911!
lblanke 07:38 PM 10-29-2019
What kind of a parent would do this?
CheerMom15 08:06 PM 10-29-2019
This mom is something else! She called me one day 10 minutes before school let out to tell me that the child had an issue at school with diarrhea and wanted to know if I had extra underwear he could borrow. I told her he couldn’t come here with diarrhea and that he would be excluded for 24 hours. She said he wasn’t sick and that he just held his poop too long which caused him to poop uncontrollably. I told her my policy stands and he would not be allowed back until 24 hours had passed. I just don’t get people sometimes!
Ariana 06:09 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by CheerMom15:
This mom is something else! She called me one day 10 minutes before school let out to tell me that the child had an issue at school with diarrhea and wanted to know if I had extra underwear he could borrow. I told her he couldn’t come here with diarrhea and that he would be excluded for 24 hours. She said he wasn’t sick and that he just held his poop too long which caused him to poop uncontrollably. I told her my policy stands and he would not be allowed back until 24 hours had passed. I just don’t get people sometimes!
She seems very dedicated to her job
LostMyMarbles 04:31 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My concerns would be cold/fever-reducing medications, an unrecognized head bleed or ingestion of narcotics. Sure, he could have simply snuck out of bed and played Legos until 4 am. I am glad you made her stay until he woke up fully. I would definitely document it, though.
She probably give him Benadryl to sleep
Tags:deep sleep, unresponsive
Reply Up