Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Alphabet Templates
countrymom 11:17 AM 01-27-2011
but I want them to large, the size of the standard paper. I want to use them over and over, but I want the kids to be able to color them or decorate them, you know like a stencil. Most sites want to charge or put both letters on one page. I can't draw them.
Abigail 11:22 AM 01-27-2011
How about using Word on your computer and just changing the size to a large size and use the font that makes them outlined so you can color them in? You only need to save one document with one letter and each time you open it just change the actual letter and print. Would that work? I just did this now so if you can't follow the steps below I can save and send it to you!

Step 1. Open Microsoft Office Word 2007

Step 2. Type either a lower case or upper case letter in portrait view.

Step 3. Change font style to your choice. (Mine is Tahoma)

Step 4. Align the text to "Center" under the Paragraph section on the Home tab. (This will be a button with lines in the center instead of left/right alignment)

Step 5. Go to the Page Layout tab, select the Page Layout diolog box (lower right button), select Layout tab, choose "Center" under Vertical Aligment. (Centers it on the whole page instead of top/bottom alignment)

Step 6. Change page margins to "Narrow" to give you maximum printing space.

Step 7. Change font size to 700. (This changes according to font style because they're all different)

Step 8. Under the Home tab, select Fonts diolog box (lower right button) and choose Effect: "Outline" so they can be colored in.

Step 9. Save document!
countrymom 11:23 AM 01-27-2011
I tried but I'm a big computer illiterate, but I'm going to try again.
DCMomOf3 11:45 AM 01-27-2011
I have a book of A-Z Capital templates and craft suggestions but cannot find it right now. If you want the title I can post it when i find the book. I am going to need it next week anyway.
Abigail 11:46 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I tried but I'm a big computer illiterate, but I'm going to try again.
I can attach the word document if you send me your email. I don't think I can attach word documents on this site.
Abigail 11:54 AM 01-27-2011
Well, I guess I can attach a 2003 Microsoft Word to the site. Problem Fixed! The only thing I don't like about the vertical alignment option is that when it's a very large font size it still looks like it is on the bottom of the page, but when you change the font to a smaller size it does go to the center of the page. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be happy to know. thanks!
Attached: Alphabet Outlines.doc (26.5 KB) 
Blackcat31 11:57 AM 01-27-2011
I have some letter sheets I can e-mail you if you send me your e-mail address. They fill the entire page but are "stitched" as if you are going to use them for lacing cards. You could complete the lines or let the kids do it. I also have alphabet color sheets that have big blank letters to color. Some have picture(s) on them to color too that match the letter. I have the A-Z in both so just let me know if you are interested. I will send you the whole file.
DCMomOf3 12:03 PM 01-27-2011
I was playing around and if you do WordArt you can center it.

does this work?
Attached: Alphabet.doc (23.5 KB) 
DCMomOf3 12:37 PM 01-27-2011
Here is that book that i use. I prefer books vs. making my own.

http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Alphabet.../dp/0439163544

Abigail 12:57 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:

does this work?
Yup, that is great! I prefer books also and llike to photocopy, but printing is a frugal option that is convenient as well.
countrymom 04:11 PM 01-27-2011

does this work?
yes, thats exactly what I was looking for, thank you
countrymom 04:17 PM 01-27-2011
Here is that book that i use. I prefer books vs. making my own.

http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Alphabet.../dp/0439163544

wow, I want the book, but i can't believe the price. I to like a book over me making the stuff, but I'm limited to teacher stores here.
mickey2 04:53 PM 01-27-2011
I use these for my kids. You can get numbers and other things as well. Its great!

http://printerprojects.com/alphabet/letters.html
jenh171 04:57 PM 01-27-2011
I would just type in "letter A" in google images and a bunch of pics come up that you can just print. I'm attaching just a random link that came up...

http://www.allkidsnetwork.com/alphabet-stencils/

Click & print!
countrymom 05:16 PM 01-27-2011
thanks ladies, I checked both sites and both are great. Now I'm building my own library.
DCMomOf3 06:03 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
wow, I want the book, but i can't believe the price. I to like a book over me making the stuff, but I'm limited to teacher stores here.
Wow, I did NOT pay that. I think I paid $20.
Tags:alphabet, alphabet templates, templates
Reply Up