Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any NJ Home Providers?? School Age Kids??
Crazy8 11:15 AM 02-28-2013
I don't usually take school agers so never paid much attention to the rules in that area - I am always focused on the infant/toddler ratios - but I need to know how school age children are figured in home daycares. Do they count as one of your 5 max allowed children or are school agers allowed in addition to the 5?? I can't find anything in the manual that talks about kids over age 6 AT ALL.

If you have a manual please give me the paragraph number - I am going thru 10:126-6.2 like crazy and don't see anything!

Thanks!
JenNJ 11:21 AM 02-28-2013
I believe, but I am not certain, that they count in your ratio. What county are you in?
Springdaze 11:24 AM 02-28-2013
they count on your ratio of 5, up til 14. I would love to do just SA., but wouldnt make any money!
Crazy8 11:24 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I believe, but I am not certain, that they count in your ratio. What county are you in?
Monmouth. Is there anything in writing that says that they are counted?
JenNJ 11:25 AM 02-28-2013
Looking at (a) it seems pretty clear but call your local resource center to be sure.
Crazy8 11:27 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Springdaze:
they count on your ratio of 5, up til 14. I would love to do just SA., but wouldnt make any money!
I'm the opposite, I'd never want all SA, LOL!!! Where the heck does it say anything on ages up to 14??? I really don't see ANYTHING mentioning kids over 6 years old (actually everything states "children below 6" - so I guess they mean 5).
Crazy8 11:29 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Looking at (a) it seems pretty clear but call your local resource center to be sure.
This is the wording for (a):

(a) The provider shall care for no more than the following number of INFANTS and TODDLERS unless a second caregiver is present: (then gives the stipulations)

Where does that say anything about school age kids?????? It doesn't say the provider shall care for no more CHILDREN - it specifies infants and toddlers.

ETA: Oh, nevermind, I see now you are talking about 6.1, not 6.2 that I was quoting.
Springdaze 01:21 PM 02-28-2013
10:126-6.1 Maximum number of children
(a) The provider shall care for no more than five children at any one time,

if they are yours and over 6, they dont count towards the 8 (5 not related and 3 of your own)

This would mean any age up til 14, because then they can be assistants i think.

10:126-1.2 Definitions "Child" means any person under 13 years of age.

reading through, some of this is very confusing!!!
Reply Up