Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2018, 05:08 PM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 577
Default Annoyed 😒

So DCM works 4 days a week and the days are always changing from week to week. She usually gives me a schedule at least 2 weeks in advanced, sometimes 3 weeks. She decides to text me this evening (from the schedule I was provided with 2 weeks ago) that her son will now be coming tomorrow when he originally was not. That would be fine any other time BUT it just so happens that all my other families have things going on and I was not going to have any kids tomorrow. I made plans to do something fun with my children with another friend of mine and her kids.

I’m seriously so annoyed because I don’t want to cancel based on her last minute change. What would you ladies do? Cancel plans to have ONE child or say no sorry I was to have the day off?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2018, 05:13 PM
KiwiKids's Avatar
KiwiKids KiwiKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 265
Default

I would tell her I can’t accommodate last minute changes 100% of the time and keep my plans.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Denali's Avatar
Denali Denali is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alaska
Posts: 174
Default

“Oh I’m so sorry Mary! Two weeks ago I noticed that I wasn’t going to have any children here so I made plans that I simply can not change last minute. I can not change them, I hope you understand.”
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2018, 05:27 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,495
Default

“Sorry DCM the space is not available tomorrow as the daycare is closed. I am sorry I did not inform you but per your schedule turned in of XX-XX-18 your child was not scheduled to be here. See you on Thursday”
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2018, 06:27 PM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
“Sorry DCM the space is not available tomorrow as the daycare is closed. I am sorry I did not inform you but per your schedule turned in of XX-XX-18 your child was not scheduled to be here. See you on Thursday”
... I have done this. I don't allow last minute changes. I use to think the $$ was more important & my kids hated me for it for cancelling their plans. You can't get that time back
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:05 PM
redmaple's Avatar
redmaple redmaple is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 181
Default

I would go with not enough notice was given for a schedule change to be made at this time.

I'm also working on wording for client/provider contact outside of business hours. Our hours are long already, without feeling the need to check texts or emails, and respond when we are closed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:17 PM
lblanke's Avatar
lblanke lblanke is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South
Posts: 208
Default

Spend the time with your kids. You are not her "beck and call" girl. She did not need services that day, so you planned accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:31 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
“Oh I’m so sorry Mary! Two weeks ago I noticed that I wasn’t going to have any children here so I made plans that I simply can not change last minute. I can not change them, I hope you understand.”
This for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2018, 01:52 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
... I have done this. I don't allow last minute changes. I use to think the $$ was more important & my kids hated me for it for cancelling their plans. You can't get that time back
So much this!! Dcm needs to learn she has a protocol to follow with you. Last minute changes do not work. Do you have something in her contract? If not, change that asap. And hope you're charging her for the full time slot anyways. But for now, I'd just say, 'sorry, I've made plans that did not include a last minute change to my schedule'.
Do NOT let dcm guilt you into this. And ask yourself, how will this benefit my own family, by deciding to take dcm's last minute request or not. As with dcfs, your own family needs to come first in your life.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2018, 03:39 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
So DCM works 4 days a week and the days are always changing from week to week. She usually gives me a schedule at least 2 weeks in advanced, sometimes 3 weeks. She decides to text me this evening (from the schedule I was provided with 2 weeks ago) that her son will now be coming tomorrow when he originally was not. That would be fine any other time BUT it just so happens that all my other families have things going on and I was not going to have any kids tomorrow. I made plans to do something fun with my children with another friend of mine and her kids.

I’m seriously so annoyed because I don’t want to cancel based on her last minute change. What would you ladies do? Cancel plans to have ONE child or say no sorry I was to have the day off?
Keep your plans!
1. she already gave you a schedule. She probably decided she had something she had to do and probably isn't even working.
2. this will hopefully teach her to plan ahead and not try to tell you last minute when/ what you will have the child.
3. I wouldn't want to be open for one child anyways. I have a 2 child min.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-2018, 05:13 AM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 577
Default

Thanks ladies! I told her I couldn’t accommodate the last minute change. Now I’m excited to spend the day with my kiddos!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-2018, 07:35 AM
Jo123ABC's Avatar
Jo123ABC Jo123ABC is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Thanks ladies! I told her I couldn’t accommodate the last minute change. Now I’m excited to spend the day with my kiddos!
Good for you!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Thanks ladies! I told her I couldn’t accommodate the last minute change. Now I’m excited to spend the day with my kiddos!

Maybe next time she'll think ahead a bit more and not just assume you're there for her.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:16 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
“sorry dcm the space is not available tomorrow as the daycare is closed. I am sorry i did not inform you but per your schedule turned in of xx-xx-18 your child was not scheduled to be here. See you on thursday”
this!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:20 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post

Maybe next time she'll think ahead a bit more and not just assume you're there for her.

Yup. It bugs me when people change their schedule last minute and just expect you to be available. I had a mom late the other day and just assumed it was ok because traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-18-2018, 11:21 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Thanks ladies! I told her I couldn’t accommodate the last minute change. Now I’m excited to spend the day with my kiddos!
Good for you! Have fun! How did she take it?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Good for you! Have fun! How did she take it?
She waited about 2 hours to text me back so I’m not sure if she originally was not happy but her reply was “ok, thanks see you Thursday.”

Either way we had so much fun today!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-18-2018, 02:20 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
She waited about 2 hours to text me back so I’m not sure if she originally was not happy but her reply was “ok, thanks see you Thursday.”

Either way we had so much fun today!
Too bad for her lol. Glad you had fun with your kids. That's what it's all about. Hopefully she learned from that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
conflicting schedules, days off

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoyed cheerfuldom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 07-10-2014 07:26 PM
DCM Is Annoyed That DCG Hasn't Had Lunch When She Picks Up At 11:00am!! crazydaycarelady Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 21 08-08-2013 10:59 AM
Annoyed Lyss Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 01-29-2013 09:36 PM
Annoyed My3cents Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 27 11-28-2012 06:53 PM
I Overslept...She Was 15 Min, Early And Annoyed With Me Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 19 01-27-2011 02:44 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming