Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Naptime Question
Msdunny 11:56 AM 02-21-2019
I’ve never had this issue before, but with my current group, if I am out of the room, they are awake or waking others and talking. Do you all sit in the room with your nappers? I have always been able to sit for a while until everyone was asleep, or close to sleeping, then sneak out until naptime was over.
Blackcat31 12:46 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I’ve never had this issue before, but with my current group, if I am out of the room, they are awake or waking others and talking. Do you all sit in the room with your nappers? I have always been able to sit for a while until everyone was asleep, or close to sleeping, then sneak out until naptime was over.
Mine sleep in 3 different rooms. Usually about 3-4 kids to a room, depending.

I don't allow the kids to talk if they are awake.
I play audio books on a CD player so if they are early wakers, they can lie still and listen until it's time to get up.

If they are disruptive to others I will put them in a room with less kids and they'll lose certain privileges later in the afternoon.
storybookending 07:31 PM 02-21-2019
I have two nap rooms, an over 2 room and an under 2 room. I have 5 kids in the first room and 1 in the under two room currently. I go in get them tucked in, turn their music and fan on and leave. They are pretty trained as this has been our routine since day one. I check on them every couple of minutes and if I hear any talking go in with a stern “shhh” and leave again. Anyone that has decided they are going to be a class clown or screw around can get moved to another room alone and no one wants that. It’s a privilege to sleep in the “big kids” room and if they want to act like a baby they can be treated like one and nap alone. Pretty effective for me.
Tags:monitoring nappers, sitting with nappers
Reply Up