Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Embarrassing/Funny Phone Conversation With A Potential DCM!
melilley 11:48 AM 09-30-2014
I received a call yesterday from a potential dcm who is only 4 months pregnant. I didn't call her back and was going to today, but she beat me to it and called me just a few minutes ago, during nap. Well, everyday when all of the kids are sleeping, I sit down and have a glass of coke with crushed ice, mostly ice. Don't ask me why, but I love chewing the ice. However, it makes my mouth go a little numb and of course the dcm called right after I just got done with the ice! I could barely talk and kept messing my words up, it sounded like I was slurring. I explained to her that I'm a family care provider and told her my ratios and that I wouldn't really know if I would have an opening that far ahead (in June), but that she could tour now to get an idea if this was the kind of care she wanted and she said she would like to do that. We talked a little more (all the while my tongue still wasn't working). She asked me if I had a waiting list and I again explained that she could either tour and then I could put her on one or she could wait until closer to that time. She said she would wait until the time for care got closer, even though at the beginning she wanted to tour now. I had to have sounded funny. Oh well. I didn't really want a young baby anyways.

Note to self: don't answer the phone right after chewing ice!
CraftyMom 11:50 AM 09-30-2014

preschoolteacher 12:01 PM 09-30-2014
Haha, oh no!!!
DaveA 12:04 PM 09-30-2014
Oopsie. At least you didn't tell her that your mouth always goes numb after getting some coke.
AmyKidsCo 12:06 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Oopsie. At least you didn't tell her that your mouth always goes numb after getting some coke.

melilley 12:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

TaylorTots 12:10 PM 09-30-2014
Lol!!
Unregistered 07:08 PM 09-30-2014
I've been there with the frozen tongue! Couldn't get enough of the ice. Craved it all day everyday. Turned out I was dangerously anemic. Low on iron and B12. Once I got that under control. My ice cravings went totally away. You might want to check that out.
cheerfuldom 12:25 PM 10-01-2014
i cant handle people looking for care that far in advance. it is not necessary at all in my area. i have had women call me BEFORE they got pregnant. lol. why???
Reply Up