Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Full-time Babysitting vs. Day Care?
choirlady76 04:23 PM 01-11-2015
Hi all,

I'm just looking around at ads to get ideas on rates for daycare services in my area and what others are offering. I notice a lot of ads for full-time babysitting, is this the same as in home daycares? A little confused, thanks!
Heidi 04:53 PM 01-11-2015
Just someone's choice of words. Most of us who see ourselves as professionals (there are some very qualified exceptions), prefer "childcare provider" over "babysitter" to differentiate ourselves from the teenager who comes to someone's house and texts her friends while the kids sleep.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
itlw8 05:27 PM 01-11-2015
many people think if they call it babysitting they are not a business so they do not have to pay taxes. They are wrong but it is their way to say I will not be paying taxes so you must pay in cash and can not take a tax credit.
Second Home 11:08 AM 01-12-2015
Also many times babysitters come to your home where a child care provider has an area of their home set up to care for / teach children .
Play Care 11:24 AM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by itlw8:
many people think if they call it babysitting they are not a business so they do not have to pay taxes. They are wrong but it is their way to say I will not be paying taxes so you must pay in cash and can not take a tax credit.
This, or that by "babysitting" they are not subject to your state's regulations on day care because they are "just" 'sitting...
Reply Up