Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Switching To Whole Milk
Farmerswife 12:10 PM 11-10-2017
Almost 1 year old has had terrible diaper rash this week. His BM's are loose and are not like his normal diapers. Mom blames it on teething...you know because teething causes everything! They started adding 1 oz of whole milk to his formula bottles this week because they plan to have him switched to whole milk when his formula runs out. So I suggested this could be the issue. Mom looked at me like I had 2 heads. He was switched to formula (from BM) approx. 2 months ago and hasn't had any issues with that. Has anyone else experienced this?
HappyEverAfter 01:16 PM 11-10-2017
I have a dck with a dairy and a soy allergy. It was discovered based off rashes, red eyes, and blood in stool. He actually ended up being hospitalized because of the issues with bowel movements and that's where they identified the allergy.

An easy way to see if the whole milk is your dck issue would be to stop it for 3-5 days and see if the symptoms go away. If they do, then the parents need to consult the pediatrician before starting the milk again.
CalCare 02:57 PM 11-10-2017
Formula is made from cow's milk too though, right? So, seems odd there would now be a reaction to dairy.
HappyEverAfter 08:35 PM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Formula is made from cow's milk too though, right? So, seems odd there would now be a reaction to dairy.
Most are but some are soy. Some are neither soy nor dairy. My dck with the allergies uses one that is strictly amino acids and is made from corn. And even if the formula that's being used is dairy based, there could still be a reaction now depending on how the cows milk is processed when the formula is made versus how straight cows milk does for him.
Tags:dairy free, milk, soy, whole milk-before 1
Reply Up