Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Backbone Fail
BumbleBee 01:09 PM 10-14-2013
Dcm picks up dcb while we're having snack. Dcm and dcb leave. After snack (15 min later) the other dcks get their stuff on and we head outside.

Dcm and dcb are outside playing w/bubbles. My bubbles.

I was to shocked to say anything. Who does that?
Brooksie 01:16 PM 10-14-2013
haha omg. I would have probably been like you...like... "uh....didn't you guys leave??"
Unregistered 01:31 PM 10-14-2013
I have had that happen before! Send kid and parent home, go outside shortly after and they are in my backyard playing on my swing set! Really?!
daycarediva 01:33 PM 10-14-2013
"Dcm, nothing personal, but my liability insurance doesn't cover children who are currently not in my care, so I will have to ask you to leave. I'm sure you understand."

This got me out of my neighbors kids playing in my yard unattended.
CedarCreek 02:07 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
"Dcm, nothing personal, but my liability insurance doesn't cover children who are currently not in my care, so I will have to ask you to leave. I'm sure you understand."

This got me out of my neighbors kids playing in my yard unattended.
Yup
Unregistered 03:00 PM 10-14-2013
Who does that? rude, disrespectful parents, Inform her today, that she's not allowed to stay after pick up, they need to go play at her own home and use her own bubbles.... keep on eye outside after she leaves and see what she does...
countrymom 06:25 AM 10-15-2013
who does this, oh, wait, I had gma pick up once and decided she wanted to play with my toys instead and I had to put the boys coat and shoes on and she didn't get the hint so I loudly said that its time to go.

ok, one time I was in the house watching my dck's when my dd alerts me to the group of people in my backyard. Well apparently the next door neighbour decided to invite her friends (who had 2 kids) to play in my backyard and on my toys. So I had 10 adults with 2 kids using my yard as a park. So I was so mad that I march outside and holler that this isn't a park and my insurance doesnt cover anyone but the daycare kids. i think they were shocked that I even said anything.
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 10-15-2013
I've had this happen a time or two before.

I just let the parents know that liability-wise, I don't want to assume the responsibility of them playing on my equipment without my permission.
MotherNature 07:00 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
who does this, oh, wait, I had gma pick up once and decided she wanted to play with my toys instead and I had to put the boys coat and shoes on and she didn't get the hint so I loudly said that its time to go.

ok, one time I was in the house watching my dck's when my dd alerts me to the group of people in my backyard. Well apparently the next door neighbour decided to invite her friends (who had 2 kids) to play in my backyard and on my toys. So I had 10 adults with 2 kids using my yard as a park. So I was so mad that I march outside and holler that this isn't a park and my insurance doesnt cover anyone but the daycare kids. i think they were shocked that I even said anything.
That is so freaking rude! I can't believe people would just do that. Like, they wouldn't go over to any other neighbour's houses and just go hang out in their backyard. Serious gall.
Lucy 08:23 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Dcm picks up dcb while we're having snack. Dcm and dcb leave. After snack (15 min later) the other dcks get their stuff on and we head outside.

Dcm and dcb are outside playing w/bubbles. My bubbles.

I was to shocked to say anything. Who does that?
Fickle ol' Ms. Backbone probably wouldn't have "let" me address the parent directly. I might have said something to the kid like, "Jonathan, you know you're supposed to ask before you get the bubbles out! Can you put them away for me please? See you tomorrow!"
SSWonders 08:38 PM 10-15-2013
I had a dcd like that. After hours one night, as we were eating dinner, I noticed someone walking around my back yard. Dcd and his little girl where out playing on the swing set. HUH????? I was floored at the time too. Never would I have even thought that a parent would think it was ok to use my yard after hours.
Tags:backbone - not
Reply Up